Bacon Spinach Tomato Ricotta Frittata
Bacon Spinach Tomato Ricotta Frittata is an easy to prepare, low carb dish that is crust free, gluten free, primal and grain free. Especially quick to whip up if you have leftover cooked bacon on hand. Do people ever have leftover bacon, lol?
This frittata is extra creamy from the ricotta, full of healthy spinach, and topped with some tomato slices. Almost forgot, did I mention there is bacon throughout? I used heirloom tomatoes, because I love the colors, but you can use any kind of tomato.
I topped mine with optional grated cheddar after removing from the oven so it melts over the top. I also served mine with hot sauce, but I’m slightly obsessed with spicy sauces.
Pour the frittata mixture into pie dish.
Place tomato slices on top and Bake.
*For Recipe and Directions, scroll to the bottom of post for printable recipe card
- 5 eggs beaten
- ½ cup liquid egg whites I use the organic egg whites in the carton
- ½ cup whole ricotta cheese or can use whole cottage cheese
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp ground mustard spice
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh spinach
- 5 slices bacon cooked and crumbled
- 6 slices from a medium size tomato
- ½ cup grated cheese of choice *optional
- Kitchen Tools:
- 9 inch pie dish like this one
- Mixing bowl
- Whisk like this one
- Preheat the oven to 400 °F, and grease or oil a 9 inch pie dish. In a large mixing bowl combine: 5 beaten eggs, ½ cup egg whites, ½ cup ricotta, ½ tsp sea salt, ¼ tsp ground mustard, and ¼ tsp black pepper. Whisk and beat all ingredients together. Make sure to break up the ricotta well. It is okay if there are small ricotta clumps.
- Add spinach, and crumbled bacon to the egg mixture and stir in. Pour the egg mixture into the prepared pie dish. Place tomato slices on top of the frittata. Bake for 30 minutes or until the center is done and no longer liquid.
- Remove frittata from oven and sprinkle with optional grated cheese. Cool and serve.
*all nutritional data are estimates based on the products I used.*
Nutritional Data: Serving size: 1 slice out of 8 Calories: 116, Fat: 9 g, Carbohydrates: 1 g / Net carbs: 1 g, Sugar: 0 g, Sodium: 319 mg / without the sea salt: 202 mg, Fiber: 0 g, Protein: 8 g,