This recipe is a quick, go-to meal for me, since it is so ridiculously easy to prepare. It is high in protein, low in carbs, primal and paleo friendly. Contains no grains or flour, and baked in the oven. The sauce is a lemony, garlic broth with artichokes and capers. Can also be topped with optional Parmesan cheese. Scroll to recipe card, at the bottom of page for recipe and directions.
RECIPE AND DIRECTIONS BELOW:
|Baked Lemon Artichoke Chicken Piccata|| |
- 4 chicken breast halves, or 12 chicken breast strips, or 6 chicken thighs ( with or without skin).
- 2 large Lemons, one sliced in thin slices & one cut in half for squeezing, I use this lemon squeezer
- 5 Cloves garlic, peeled and minced.
- 2 Tbsp Lemon juice from one lemon.
- 1 Can Artichoke or artichoke hearts ( not marinated, just artichokes for ingredients).
- 2 Tbsp Capers (make sure only ingredients are: capers, vinegar, sea salt, water).
- 3 Tbsp Butter, or Coconut oil.
- ⅔ Cup organic gluten free chicken broth or home made broth ( make sure broth is gluten free too).
- ½ Tsp Sea Salt * optional.
- ½ Tsp Italian seasonings
- 1 Tbsp Parmesan cheese * optional.
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Place butter or coconut oil in large casserole dish, and place in the preheating oven to melt.
- Slice one lemon in thin slices, and mince garlic, then set both aside.
- Take casserole dish out of oven once butter or oil is melted.
- Line bottom of casserole dish with lemon slices.
- Place chicken on top of lemon slices.
- Sprinkle the top of chicken with: minced garlic, drained capers, sea salt, and Italian seasonings.
- Drain artichokes of water in can, and dump all over the top of chicken.
- Pour lemon juice over the artichokes.
- Pour chicken broth over the top of the whole thing.
- Cover casserole dish with cover or foil and bake for 25 to 35 minutes or until chicken is not pink in center.
- Remove, cool slightly, sprinkle with optional Parmesan cheese, and serve.
- Great served over cauliflower rice or zucchini noodles.:)