This is much like a creamy pumpkin pie cake. It can be low carb depending on sweetener choice. Flourless, grain free, nutfree, and has dairy free options. Can also be topped with melted chocolate, or homemade low carb chocolate sauce. I aslo enjoy putting coconut whip or diary whip cream on top. You could put chocolate sauce and whip on top if you desire.
- 1 1/2 Tsp coconut oil or butter * use a little more if baking in oven.
- 1 egg beaten
- 2 tbsp unsweetened coconut milk use canned full fat kind
- tbsp Sweetener of choice: 1 maple syrup or honey or for low carb version use: 2 tsp erythritol + 10 drops liquid stevia.., for paleo
- 2 1/2 Tbsp pumpkin puree * not pumpkin pie filling.
- 2 tbsp golden flax meal like this one
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract * get a gluten free one.
- 1 Tsp pumpkin pie spice like this one
- 1/8 tsp baking soda + 1/4 tsp apple cider vinegar mixed in separate pinch bowl (this replaces baking powder), or can use 1/2 tsp baking powder if not strict Paleo).
- 2 tsp gluten free dairy free chocolate chips, or make chocolate sauce: mix 1 tsp cocoa powder + 1 tsp melted coconut oil + sweetener of choice, to taste ( honey or low carb sweetener)* optional.
- Dash of Cinnamon * optional
- Mix baking soda and apple cider vinegar in a separate pinch bowl ( will be fizzy), and set aside.
- Melt coconut oil or butter in a ramekin or small glass, ceramic bowl.
- Add : beaten egg, coconut milk, maple Syrup or low carb sweetener of choice, pumpkin puree, flax Meal, vanilla extract, pumpkin pie spice, and baking soda-vinegar mixture to ramekin.
- Mix thoroughly, until clump free.
- Microwave for 2 1/2 to 3 mins (check at 2 min) until somewhat firm in middle, or bake at 400 F in oven for about 25 to 30 mins, until middle is somewhat firm and set.
- Let cool for at least 5 minutes, don't want to burn your mouth like I always do.
- Melt Chocolate, or make chocolate sauce and spoon over top * optional
- Sprinkle with dash of Cinnamon.
- Eat right out of container.
Nutritional facts for Low Carb Version with chocolate sauce homemade : Serving size: 1 cake, Cal : 245, Fat: 16 g, Carbs: 5.6 g / Net Carbs: 1.2 g, Fiber: 4.4 g, Protein: 10 g, Sugar: 2 g
Nutritional facts below on card are for Paleo maple syrup version with melted chocolate: