Thai Style Turkey with Lime Cilantro Faux Rice
Thai Style Turkey with Lime Cilantro Faux Rice is a simple to make, budget friendly, flavorful low carb and paleo Thai inspired dish.
Thai Style Turkey with Cilantro Lime Cauliflower Rice is a paleo and low carb, Thai inspired treat. Sometimes I just crave Thai food. But I’m afraid if I go to a restaurant, I will go crazy and eat all the pineapple rice. This recipe really helps satisfy my ” must have Thai food” cravings. This recipe is an easy, no- brainer and very budget friendly since it uses ground turkey.
It is also excellent is lettuce cups if you don’t feel up to making cauliflower rice. I love it with the faux rice and the lettuce cups. This my version of Larb. Larb is a Thai dish that most Thai restaurants will have and is made with ground turkey or pork. I like to add hot chili sauce to mine but I know that may be too spicy for some people.
RECIPE AND DIRECTIONS BELOW
- Thai Style Turkey :
- 1 lb Ground Turkey or Chicken, or pork ( not the super lean one)
- 3 Tbsp Fish Sauce ( make sure anchovies and salt are only ingredients), like this one
- 1 Tsp red pepper flakes, like this one
- ½ Cup Water
- 1 Tsp Coconut sugar, or Honey, or for low carb use 1 tsp erythritol
- 3 Tbsp Lime Juice
- 2 Green Onion, Minced *optional (not everybody likes onions)
- 2 Tbsp Cilantro, chopped
- 2 Tbsp Mint, Chopped
- 1 Tbsp Toasted, Ground Cashews* optional ( Toast a handful of cashews in toaster oven till golden, cool and grind up in coffee grinder till coarse ground, not powdered)
- ¼ to ½ Tsp Sriracha type Chili sauce, check ingredients* optional ( for spicy people)
- Lime Cilantro Faux Rice :
- 1 Medium Head of Cauliflower, Chop just the flower part, not the stalks.
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil ( I use the Garlic infused olive oil)
- 2 Tbsp Lime Juice
- 2 Tbsp Cilantro, chopped
- Combine: Fish Sauce, Red pepper flakes, Coconut sugar, and ½ Cup water in a large frying Pan, and simmer over medium high heat.
- Spoon medium size clumps of raw, ground turkey meat into the fry pan.
- Break up meat with spoon while cooking, until meat is no longer pink.
- Stir and cook for a couple for minutes to reduce sauce a little.
- Remove from heat and Add : Lime juice, Green onion, Cilantro, Mint, and Sriracha.
- Stir it all together. Cover and set aside. Prepare Faux Rice as directed below.
- Lime Cilantro Faux Rice:
- Grind up Cauliflower in processor, or blender, until rice like texture is formed (can use grater as well).
- Put ground cauliflower in glass bowl and microwave for 5 minutes.
- Heat olive oil in fry pan over medium high heat, and add Cauliflower.
- Stir cauliflower in pan for a couple minutes.
- Add Lime juice, and stir.
- Remove from heat and stir in cilantro.
- Serve Turkey meat over Faux Rice and Sprinkle Ground Cashews on top.