Vanilla Cinnamon French Toast Casserole is a lightly sweet, vanilla, maple, cinnamon French toast batter that is poured over grain free, paleo, low carb bread cubes.
This topped with a little melted butter or coconut oil and sprinkled with a little coconut sugar or low carb sweetener.
I served this vanilla cinnamon french toast casserole with a little maple syrup and garnished with a few berries. My whole family absolutely loved having this for breakfast.
The paleo and low carb version are both divine. If you happen to already have your favorite paleo or low carb bread available, then you could also use that for the bread cubes. I did also include an easy, grain free, quick bread recipe for you to use as well.
Those are not my hands in the pictures, they are cute elfin hands of my daughter. She does have very cute and tiny hands for a 25 year old. She did not enjoy doing this though, and complained quite a bit. I guess hand modeling is not in her future.
I would have used my son’s hands, but he had icky stuff under his nails that would not come off, possibly permanent marker.
Vanilla Cinnamon French Toast Casserole
- Low Carb Paleo Quick Bread Ingredients Below:
- 2 tbsp butter melted or coconut oil
- 2 ½ tbsp coconut flour sifted, where to but coconut flour
- 2 ½ tbsp golden flax meal
- 3 ½ tbsp . unsweetened almond milk or coconut milk
- 4 eggs beaten
- ½ tsp baking soda + 1 tsp apple cider vinegar or use 1 ¼ tsp baking powder
- Vanilla Cinnamon French Toast Batter ingredients Below:
- 5 eggs beaten
- 1/3 cup unsweetened almond milk or coconut milk
- tbsp Sweetener of choice: 2 pure maple syrup for paleo or for low carb use 2 tbsp low carb maple syrup,( I used Natures Hollow) or 1 ½ tbsp. erythritol granular.
- 1 tsp GF vanilla extract
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp allspice
- 2 tsp butter or coconut oil melted
- 2 tsp coconut sugar or for low carb 2 tsp erythritol
- Preheat oven to 400 F, and grease or oil an 8 x 4 inch loaf pan. In a large mixing bowl, Combine all the quick bread ingredients and stir with a fork vigorously. Scraping the sides and breaking up any coconut flour clumps. Stir until smooth and clump free.
- Pour or spoon batter into prepared loaf pan. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or more, until center is firm. Remove and let cool completely.
- In a medium mixing bowl combine: 5 eggs, 1/3 cup unsweetened almond milk or coconut milk, 2 tbsp sweetener of choice,1 tsp GF vanilla extract, ½ tsp cinnamon,1/4 tsp allspice. Whisk together thoroughly. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400 F, and oil or grease a 9 inch (1 1/2 to 2 quart) casserole dish. Chop quick bread into cubes. Put bread cubes into the prepared casserole dish. Pour vanilla cinnamon French toast batter all over the top of bread cubes.
- Pour the 2 tsp melted butter or coconut oil over top of casserole, then sprinkle with granular sweetener of choice. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until all egg batter is firm.
- Remove from oven, and cool a little. Serve with syrup of choice and optional berries.
Nutritional Data for Paleo Version (using pure maple syrup and coconut sugar):Servings: 1 out of 8, Cal: 158, Carbs: 6 g / Net Carbs: 4.3 g, Fiber: 1.7 g, Fat; 10.5 g, Protein: 8 g, Sugar: 4 g
* all nutritional data are estimates based on the products I used*