Baby Heirloom Tomato Salad-
I found these gorgeous baby heirloom tomatoes at the market today and could not wait to make a salad out of them.
My daughter says I need to make more salads and side dishes. I guess, I've been making a lot of main courses and treats. She loved this salad, by the way, even though she is not much for tomatoes.
If you can't find baby heirlooms, then just chop up the large ones. I added chopped bacon, and avocado too. Then tossed with olive oil, lemon juice, and sea salt. Then Sprinkled with Parmesan and mozzarella crisps. Very light, refreshing and colorful.
Baby Heirloom Tomato Salad
- 1 pint baby heirloom tomatoes chopped ( or 4 medium size ones, chopped).
- 2 slices Nitrate free Bacon cooked and crumbled.
- ½ avocado chopped.
- 11/2 tablespoon Organic olive oil.
- 2 tablespoon Parmesan cheese grated * optional.
- 1 tablespoon Lemon Juice from a lemon.
- 2 tablespoon Mozzarella cheese.
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt * optional.
- 1 sheet parchment paper . for making cheese crisps
- Wash and chop the tomatoes.
- Chop avocado, set aside, and crumble the bacon.
- Place tomatoes, avocado, bacon in a large bowl.
- drizzle olive oil over tomato mixture.
- Squeeze lemon juice over tomato mixture.
- Toss tomato mixture a little to coat.
- Place small mounds of Mozzarella cheese onto parchment paper and place in microwave and cook for about 40 seconds or until browned and crisp.( can do this in 400 F oven as well, just watch closely) * optional.
- Peel cheese crisps off paper once cooled, and break into pieces and sprinkle on tomato salad * optional.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese * optional
- Sprinkle with optional Sea Salt, if desired.
- Serve 🙂