My new favorite way to make a burger. I made a grain free baked tomato and topped a bacon burger with it . I dipped the large tomato slice in a beaten egg and then covered it in a grain free breading mixture. Then baked on an oiled pan in oven, until browned on each side. Good served on lettuce wrap or on grain free bread. I included a link to my grain free bread recipe at the bottom of the recipe. The baked tomato is extra yummy on a burger, like a crispy BLT.
Baked Tomato and Bacon Burger
- 1 lb ground Beef formed into 4 patties and cooked or grilled as desired.
- 1 slices to 2 large tomatoes sliced thick, 4 to 5 .
- 1/4 Cup Coconut Flour
- 2 Tbsp sunflower seed meal ) grind up sunflower seeds in blender or coffee grinder until a coarse flour texture is achieved
- 1 tbsp Parmesan Cheese * optional
- Pinch Sea Salt
- 1 Tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Smoked Paprika or Paprika
- 1/2 Tsp Onion Powder
- A dash ground cayenne pepper * optional
- 1 to 2 eggs beaten
- 1/4 Tsp ground mustard powder
- 4 slices to 6 Bacon cooked ( nitrate free kind).
- Preheat Oven to 400 F, and line or oil a baking sheet.
- Beat eggs with with ground mustard in a bowl, and set aside.
- Mix in a separate bowl: Coconut Flour, Sunflower seed meal, Parmesan (optional), Sea Salt, Garlic powder, Onion powder, Paprika, Cayenne pepper (optional).
- Take Tomato Slices and dip in egg mixture, then place in coconut flour mixture bowl and cover with the breading on all sides.
- Place each tomato slice on baking sheet.
- Bake in Oven for about 10 to 12 minutes then turn slices and bake for 10 more minutes or until lightly browned.
- Take your Burger patty and put bacon on top of patty.
- Place a baked tomato on top of bacon slices.
- Wrap in a lettuce leaf or put on some grain free bread.
- Great grain free bread recipe link at below: