Coconut Lime Shrimp Ceviche-
This tangy Coconut Lime Ceviche is my favorite paleo and low carb way to serve shrimp.
One of my favorite, grain free, go- to, foods that I can order at a restaurant is ceviche. I love experimenting with the different kinds of seafood and trying different flavors.
This recipe was inspired by Hawaii and their amazing tropical flavors. This is also fairly low carb too. It can be served in lettuce wraps, on a salad, or in a cocktail glass.
Coconut Lime Shrimp Ceviche
- 1 lb shrimp raw, peeled, deveined, with tail off (small to medium size).
- 6 limes juiced.
- 1 teaspoon lime zest.
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt * optional.
- 2 tablespoon cilantro chopped.
- ½ cumcumber peeled, seeded and chopped.
- ⅓ cup coconut milk.
- 1 medium size tomato chopped.
- ½ avocado chopped * optional, omit for lower carb count.
- 1 tablespoon cilantro chopped for garnish.
- 2 teaspoon Franks red pepper sauce * optional
- Chop shrimp into bite size pieces and place into a zippered freezer bag.
- Squeeze 5 of the limes (reserve one lime for later) juice into the bag with shrimp.
- Add lime zest and sea salt to bag, and close bag.
- Move shrimp around in bag to mix ingredients together, and refrigerate for at least 35 minutes (until juices turn shrimp pink), but can marinate in fridge overnight too.
- While shrimp is marinating, Mix in sauce panl: coconut milk and the juice of the 1 lime.
- Heat coconut milk and lime juice on stove top for 5 minutes on medium low , and remove from heat.
- Add to large bowl: cilantro ,cucumber, and tomato. And stir.
- One coconut milk has cooled to room temperture, add to mixing bowl and stir.
- Once shrimp has set long enough to turn pink, then combine shrimp mixture with the coconut milk mixture in bowl, and cover and refrigerate bowl for 12 minutes or more.
- Add optional avocado if desired.
- Sprinkle with cilantro * optional.
- Sprinkle with optional hot sauce.
- Serve in lettuce wraps, on top of a salad, or in cocktail glass.
*As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.