I wanted to make an appetizer with hard boiled eggs, but I didn’t have time to make scotch eggs.
I decided to slice them in bite size slices, then dip them into an egg wash, and coat them in grain free breading. Next, I baked them in the oven, turning once, until browned. Then I topped them with cooked bacon crumbles and cheese.
I garnished them with optional Frank’s red pepper sauce ( I like spicy). These were a great low carb, primal, high protein snack.
- 2 Tbsp oil of choice: coconut oil melted, or olive oil.
- 3 hard boiled eggs peeled, cooled and refrigerated.
- 1 1/2 tbsp coconut flour.
- 1 1/2 tbsp almond flour or ground sunflower seed for nut free.
- 2 tsp Parmesan cheese * optional omit if paleo.
- 1/4 tsp sea salt * optional.
- 1/4 tsp paprika.
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder.
- Egg wash:
- 1 raw egg beaten.
- 2 tbsp milk of choice: unsweetened almond milk or organic heavy cream.
- 1/4 tsp ground mustard powder.
- 2 slices bacon cooked and crumbled.
- 2 tbsp cheese chopped or grated * optional.
- 1 tbsp red pepper sauce hot sauce or salsa * optional.