It is super simple too. I just used my magic bullet” type” blender to make a paste of bacon, cilantro, garlic and butter (or olive oil, or bacon grease). I also topped with avocado, to add even more green
Green Eggs and Bacon
- 2 Eggs.
- 4 slices Bacon fried or baked.
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro ( hate cilantro then use Italian parsley).
- 3 cloves Garlic peeled and minced.
- 1 1/2 Tbsp grass Fed Butter divided and melted ( or could also use 1 1/2 tbsp reserved bacon grease, divided for paleo.)
- 2 tsp olive oil * optional.
- 1/4 Tsp Sea salt
- 1/2 avocado peeled and sliced.
- Fry bacon slices on stove top or in 400 F oven for 20 minutes, and set aside on paper towel, but save some bacon grease in pan if using later.
- In fry pan, on stove top, saute the minced garlic in half of the butter or bacon grease.
- Take pan away from heat once the garlic is translucent, set aside.
- Add bacon, cilantro or parsley, melted butter or bacon grease, Sea salt, and garlic with the butter or grease it's cooked in to a blender or food processor.
- Process or blend until a paste forms, then add optional olive oil and process a little more.
- Fry or bake your eggs the way you like them.
- While eggs are still in the pan, top them with the cilantro bacon butter and cover with pan lid and warm a little, or stick back in oven for a few seconds.
- Remove from pan, and top with avocado slices.