Spaghetti Low "Carb"onara Frittata
- 1 Spaghetti Squash
- 1 Tbsp garlic olive oil or regular olive oil
- 1 Tsp Italian Herb Seasoning mix
- 1 Tsp Garlic powder
- 1 Cup Liquid Eggs or 5 Whole Eggs
- 2 Tbsp Half and Half or Almond milk.
- 5 Slices of Bacon ( I like nitrate free applewood bacon from Ninman Ranch)
- 4 Coves Garlic chopped
- 2 Tbsp Cream Cheese warmed.
- 1 Tomato sliced *optional
- 1/4 Tsp Sea Salt
- 1/4 Tsp Black Pepper
- 1/4 cup Mozzarella Cheese
- 2 Tbsp Parmesan Cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 F, Line or oil a baking sheet.
- Cut Spaghetti Squash in half, and scoop out center and seeds.
- Lay squash halves face up on baking sheet, and drizzle with olive oil.
- Sprinkle squash with Italian seasonings and garlic powder.
- Bake squash for 45 to 60 minutes.
- When cooled, take a fork and scrape squash with it, till all squash turns to noodle like shapes. Set aside about 2 and 1/2 cups of squash noodles.
- Fry Bacon slices in large pan until just crisp, remove and place on paper towels.
- Remove some of the bacon grease from pan ,but leave a little behind.
- Saute on ,medium low, chopped garlic in the bacon grease pan, until cooked but not browned.
- Chop or crumble bacon and add to pan.
- Add spaghetti squash, and melted cheese wedges(or cream cheese) to pan, and saute ,on medium, while stirring for 6 minutes.
- In a bowl, whisk : Liquid eggs (or eggs), half and half (or cream), salt, and pepper, till mixed.
- Oil a 8x8 pan or pie pan, and layer squash mixture on bottom of pan.
- Pour egg mixture over top of squash, then place tomato slices on top.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes till center is firm.
- Sprinkle mozzarella cheese, and Parmesan cheese on top while frittata is still hot. Serve once cheese melts.