Tamra's Taco Shell Bowls-
A gluten free, grain free, low carb taco shell bowl recipe.
Tamara, a wonderful viewer and lovely person made some very clever taco shells, and taco shell bowls from my tortilla base recipe. they are awesome, and we need to buy those taco bowl form pans immediately!
These can be made with or without cheese and used to fill with taco seasoned meat, shredded lettuce and othe toppings for an awesome taco salad!
📖 Printable Recipe Card
Tamara's Taco Shell Bowls
A wonderful viewer named Tamara used my tortilla recipe, as base to make these really awesome taco shell bowls. So clever and creative. The bowl molds are available at WalGreen's, and Ollie's. Probably on Amazon too. I found mine at Target. Could also use a large muffin pan or ramekins. Thank you, Tamara!
- 1 tablespoon Coconut Flour.
- 1 tablespoon to 2 Flax Meal . golden flax meal tastes best
- 1 Egg
- ¼ Cup Grated Cheddar Jack or Pepper Jack Cheese * optional, can omit.
- Favorite Seasonings to taste ( chili, cumin, salt, garlic).
- Preheat oven to 400 F, and grease taco bowl pan, muffin pan, or ramekin.
- Mix all ingredients in a large mixing bowl until wet dough forms ( if too wet add more flax or coconut flour).
- Divide dough into two balls and roll flat between two sheets of parchment paper then press into pan forms, ramekins, or muffin pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes or more until lightly browned.
- Remove from oven and let cool before removing from pan.
- Fill with favorite taco fillings, and serve 🙂
*As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutritional facts for entire recipe without cheese: Cal: 136 , Fat: 8 g, Protein: 16 g, Carbs: 8g / Net Carb: 0 g, Sugars: 2 g. Below is nutritional facts for recipe with cheese:
Serving: 0gCalories: 236kcalCarbohydrates: 8gProtein: 16gFat: 16gFiber: 8gSugar: 2g
Tried this recipe?Mention @gfbeautyandthefoodie or tag #gfbeautyandthefoodie
I don't do cheese what can I replace for the cheese?
Hi Betsy, the cheese is optional, so just leave it out. She has made them without the cheese before. No need to replace it with anything. Thanks for commenting.
Where the recipe says cheese, what kind of cheese? Grated cheddar, parmesan, cream cheese?
Hi Ness, she uses grated cheddar or jack cheese, but you could use other grated cheeses like pepper jack. Thanks for letting me know it is not specified. I will fix that today.