Spaghetti Squash Pizza Nests
Spaghetti Squash Pizza Nests are tasty, low carb, gluten free, noodle nests with pizza inside.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time1 hr 20 mins
Total Time1 hr 30 mins
- 1 medium size spaghetti squash (about 2 1/2 cups squash noodles
- 1 xl egg or 2 smaller sized eggs beaten
- 2/3 cup tomato sauce * try to get one without added sugars
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 ½ tsp Italian seasonings
- ¼ tsp oregano
- Pinch sea salt
- 24 slices pepperoni * I like uncured nitrate free brands
- 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- ½ tbsp chopped basil fresh or lightly dried
Preheat oven to 400 F (204 C), and line or oil a baking sheet.
Using a skewer or knife, poke holes all over the spaghetti squash. Place on baking sheet and bake for an hour, turning over halfway through.
Remove squash from oven and cool until cool to touch. Leave oven on 400F (204 C).
Grease or oil 2 muffin pans.
While squash is cooling, Combine in a medium size mixing bowl: tomato sauce, garlic powder, Italian seasonings, and oregano. Mix together.
Once squash is cool, slice in half and using a fork scrape noodles into a large bowl.
Add the beaten egg or eggs to the squash noodles and stir together.
Place squash noodle mixture into muffin cups and make a well in the center of each with a spoon.
Add tomato sauce mixture to each well.
Add a pepperoni slice to each well, and sprinkle each with grated mozzarella cheese.
Sprinkle with chopped basil, and bake at 400 F (204 C) for 25 minutes or until set.
Calories: 43kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 181mg | Sugar: 1g