Broccoli Jicama Slaw Low Carb
Broccoli Jicama Slaw Low carb is an easy to make, healthy, tangy and slightly sweet coleslaw with broccoli, chopped jicama, walnuts, and unsweetened dried cranberries and has a paleo option.
Prep Time8 mins
Cook Time0 mins
- 3 cups broccoli slaw mix , like Mann's organic broccoli coleslaw mix, or can make your own broccoli slaw mix: use 2 ⅔ cups shredded broccoli stalks (use the grater or shredder on a food processor), ¼ cup diced red cabbage, 2 tbsp grated carrot.
- 1 cup finely chopped broccoli florets
- 1 cup peeled chopped jicama
- Juice of one lemon
- 1 ½ tsp sweetener of choice: I used 1 ½ tsp Swerve or Lankanto for low carb or use 1 ½ tsp honey for paleo version
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 tbsp dried cranberries no sugar added
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise
- 1 ½ tbsp apple cider vinegar
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp celery seed
Add the shredded broccoli slaw mix and broccoli florets to a large bowl. Set aside.
Add peeled chopped jicama to a medium bowl. Add lemon juice and sweetener of choice. Toss jicama in lemon and sweetener. Set aside.
Whisk together the dressing ingredients and taste to adjust if needed.
Add jicama lemon juice mixture, cranberries, and walnuts to the slaw mixture and toss to mix.
Add the dressing and toss to make sure everything gets evenly coated.
Serve, or can cover and refrigerate. The slaw can be made up to one day in advance.
*all nutritional dat are estimates based on the product I used*
Yield: 4 cups, Servings: 8, Serving Size: 1/2 cup of slaw, Amounts per serving- Net Carbs per Serving: 3g.
Serving: 0.5cup | Calories: 108kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 175mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g