Keto Thai Peanut Chicken
Keto Thai Peanut Chicken is grilled or pan-seared, marinated chicken breast strips served over optional cauliflower rice with a lovely, creamy, Thai inspired peanut sauce that also has a paleo option.
Prep Time8 mins
Cook Time10 mins
Chicken Marinade Ingredients:
- 1 lb chicken breast tenders boneless skinless
- 2 tbsp coconut aminos or tamari sauce
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce sugar-free
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons avocado or coconut oil
- ½ tbsp finely chopped cilantro * optional for garnish
- ½ tbsp finely chopped peanuts or almonds *optional for garnish
Peanut Sauce Ingredients:
- 4 tbsp peanut butter unsweetened, or almond butter, or sunflower seed butter
- ⅓ cup unsweetened full-fat canned coconut milk
- 1 tsp coconut aminos or tamari sauce
- ½ tsp fish sauce sugar-free
- ½ tsp minced ginger
- ½ tsp minced garlic
- ¼ tsp to ½ tsp Thai red curry paste or ⅛ to ¼ tsp ground red pepper (to taste)
- ½ tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 tbsp granulated erythritol sweetener or honey for paleo
- 2 tbsp water *optional for thinning sauce if needed
Place chicken in a large bowl or zipper-top freezer bag.
Add the marinade ingredients, except for the oil and cilantro, to a large zipper freezer bag.
Add chicken to the marinade, zip bag and move around to coat chicken evenly in the marinade. Set aside to let marinate for 20 minutes or in the fridge overnight.
Add the peanut sauce ingredients, except for the water, to a blender or processor and blend sauce until smooth. Can add 1 to 2 tbsp of the water if sauce needs to be thinner.
Heat up a grill pan or cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat and add the oil, and distribute it around the pan.
When the oil is hot, add the marinated chicken tenders and cook for 4-6 minutes on each side, until cooked through.
Plate chicken strips & drizzle each chicken strip with 1 tbsp of the peanut sauce, or serve chicken strips & peanut sauce over prepared cauliflower rice. Sprinkle with optional cilantro & optional chopped peanuts or almonds.
*all nutritional data are estimates based on the products I used*
Net Carbs per serving: 6g
Serving: 2chicken strips with 2 tbsp sauce | Calories: 329kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 25g | Fat: 22g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Sodium: 893mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g