Creamy Artichoke Bacon Soup
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time50 mins
Total Time1 hr 5 mins
- 3 ½ tbsp butter
- ½ large head of cauliflower chopped
- 8 ounce to 9 package artichoke hearts defrosted and drained
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 4 ½ cups chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 3 slices to 4 bacon cooked and chopped *optional
- 2 tbsp scallions chopped * optional
- Kitchen Tools:
- 1 large stock pot
- 1 immersion blender or 1 electric hand mixer
In a large stock pot over medium high heat, melt butter and add minced garlic, chopped cauliflower, and artichoke hearts. Saute and stir for 10 minutes.
Add chicken broth or vegetable broth and stir. Bring pot to a boil, lower heat, cover and simmer for 45 minutes.
Remove pot from heat. Using an immersion stick blender or hand mixer, blend soup in the pot until pureed (can still have small chunks).
Add heavy cream, garlic powder, sea salt, onion powder, and black pepper. Blend again for a few seconds, just to combine.
Ladle soup into bowls and garnish with chopped bacon and scallions.
Calories: 253kcal | Carbohydrates: 7.5g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 21g | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 4g