Cream Mint Brownie Bars
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time30 mins
Total Time45 mins
- BROWNIE LAYER:
- 3 ounces unsweetened baking chocolate like this kind
- 6 tbsp butter
- ⅓ cup coconut flour
- 3 eggs large
- 1 ⅓ cup granular sweetener of choice: erythritol sweetener for low carb or coconut sugar for primal.
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- MINT CHEESECAKE LAYER:
- 8 ounces cream cheese 1 package
- 6 tbsp granular sweetener of choice: erythritol for low carb or coconut sugar for primal.
- ¼ cup whole ricotta cheese
- 1 egg large
- 1 tsp mint extract
- 2 drops natural food coloring to make green * optional can omit
- CHOCOLATE GANACHE TOPPING:
- 3 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp heavy cream
- 2 tsp cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp erythritol sweetener for low carb or coconut sugar for primal
Preheat oven to 350 F, and grease or oil an 8x8 pan.
In a small sauce pan over medium low heat, melt 3 ounces baking chocolate, and 6 tbsps butter. Stirring and melting until completely combined and melted. Remove from heat and set aside.
In a large mixing bowl combine: ⅓ cup coconut flour, 1 ⅓ cup sweetener of choice, 3 eggs, and 1 tsp vanilla extract. mix until combined. Add melted chocolate & butter from the sauce pan. Stir in thoroughly.
Spread the brownie mixture over the bottom of prepared pan.
Bake for 12 minutes. Remove partially baked brownies from oven and set aside to cool.
With an electric hand mixer or stand mixer, beat all the mint cheesecake layer ingredients until smooth and fluffy.
Spread the mint cheesecake mixture over the top of warm partially baked brownies.
Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until cheesecake layer looks firm.
Remove from oven and cool completely.
In a small sauce pan over medium low heat, melt the 3 tbsp butter for ganache topping. once melted add: 2 tbsp heavy cream, 1 tbsp sweetener of choice, and 2 tsp cocoa powder. Stir and combine thoroughly until smooth. Remove from heat.
Pour and spread the chocolate ganache over the top of mint cheesecake layer.
Refrigerate until set and firm (2 hours or more, overnight is excellent).
Serving: 1g | Calories: 189kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 17g | Sodium: 129mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 1g