Bacon Buffalo Broccoli Bites
Yummy, bacon broccoli fritters with buffalo sauce and optional cheese.
Prep Time4 mins
Cook Time15 mins
Total Time19 mins
- 1 3/4 cups chopped broccoli florets
- 4 slices cooked bacon chopped
- 2 cloves garlic peeled
- 1 ½ tbsp coconut flour or can use ⅓ cup almond flour instead
- 2 large eggs
- 2 ½ tbsp to 3 red hot pepper sauce I used this one *optional
- 1/3 cup grated cheddar cheese * can omit for dairy free
- 1 ½ tbsp Parmesan cheese *can omit for dairy free
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ⅓ tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp avocado oil or other oil of choice, for frying
- Optionally Garnish Each with:
- 1 tsp sour cream or paleo sour cream
- ½ tsp extra red hot pepper sauce
Preheat oven to 425 F, and line a baking sheet with parchment paper
In a food processor or blender
combine the first three ingredients and pulse until the broccoli, garlic and bacon are minced.
In a large mixing bowl combine: the minced broccoli garlic and bacon, coconut flour, eggs, red pepper sauce, grated cheese, parmesan cheese, sea salt, and pepper. Mix together thoroughly.
Place spoonfuls ( about1 ½ tbsps) of the dough onto the parchment paper, lightly smashing them down with the back of your spoon to a pattie like shape. Repeat until all dough is used.
Bake for 12 minutes or until firm and no longer sticky. Remove from oven and cool enough to handle.
Heat a large frying pan and the avocado oil or oil of choice to medium high heat. Fry broccoli bites, a few at a time for a minute or two on each side until browned and crisp. Remove from pan and repeat. Serve with a little optional sour cream (or paleo sour cream) and more red pepper sauce.
*Recipe nutritional data includes cheeses but not extra garnishes*
*all nutritional data are estimates based on the products I used*
Serving: 2g | Calories: 158kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 6g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 89mg | Sodium: 412mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 1g