Bacon Spinach Tomato Ricotta Frittata
A grain free, low carb bacon, spinach, tomato and ricotta frittata.
Prep Time6 mins
Cook Time30 mins
Total Time36 mins
- 5 eggs beaten
- ½ cup liquid egg whites I use the organic egg whites in the carton
- ½ cup whole ricotta cheese or can use whole cottage cheese
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp ground mustard spice
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh spinach
- 5 slices bacon cooked and crumbled
- 6 slices from a medium size tomato
- ½ cup grated cheese of choice *optional
- Kitchen Tools:
- 9 inch pie dish like this one
- Mixing bowl
- Whisk like this one
Preheat the oven to 400 °F, and grease or oil a 9 inch pie dish. In a large mixing bowl combine: 5 beaten eggs, ½ cup egg whites, ½ cup ricotta, ½ tsp sea salt, ¼ tsp ground mustard, and ¼ tsp black pepper. Whisk and beat all ingredients together. Make sure to break up the ricotta well. It is okay if there are small ricotta clumps.
Add spinach, and crumbled bacon to the egg mixture and stir in. Pour the egg mixture into the prepared pie dish. Place tomato slices on top of the frittata. Bake for 30 minutes or until the center is done and no longer liquid.
Remove frittata from oven and sprinkle with optional grated cheese. Cool and serve.
Nutritional Data includes the 1/2 cup grated cheese.
*all nutritional data are estimates based on the products I used.*
Serving: 1g | Calories: 116kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 9g | Sodium: 319mg