Sour Cream Pumpkin Butter Muffins
A delicious fall pumpkin muffin recipe.
Prep Time12 mins
Cook Time25 mins
Total Time37 mins
- PUMPKIN SPICE MUFFINS:
- ½ cup coconut flour sifted, where to buy coconut flour
- 1 tbsp pumpkin pie spice
- ½ tbsp ground cinnamon
- 3 eggs beaten
- ½ cup pumpkin puree * not pumpkin pie filling
- 1/2 cup unsweetened milk of choice: unsweetened coconut milk or almond milk
- cup Sweetener of choice: 1/3 pure maple syrup for primal or for low carb use 1/3 cup low carb (sugar free) maple syrup + 1/3 tsp liquid stevia.
- 2 tbsp butter or coconut oil melted
- 1 tsp GF vanilla extract
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder.
- PUMPKIN CHEESECAKE FILLING:
- 1 1/2 tbsp full fat sour cream
- 1 tbsp pumpkin puree
- 2 1/2 ounces cream cheese softened (warmed a little)
- tbsp Sweetener of choice: 1 1/2 coconut sugar or for low carb use 1 1/2 tbsp erythritol granular sweetener, where to buy erythritol
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon
Preheat oven to 350 F, and line with baking cups, or grease a medium size muffin pan. In a large mixing bowl combine: ½ cup sifted coconut flour, 1 tbsp pumpkin pie spice, and ½ tbsp ground cinnamon. Mix until thoroughly combined. Set aside.
In second large mixing bowl combine: 3 eggs, ½ cup pumpkin puree, 1/2 cup milk of choice, 1/3 cup sweetener of choice, 1/3 tsp stevia if making low carb version (omit for primal), 2 tbsp melted butter or coconut oil, 1 tsp vanilla extract and1 ½ tsp baking powder. Mix until thoroughly combined.
Pour wet mixture into dry mixture and combine thoroughly, scraping the sides and breaking up any clumps. Spoon batter into prepared or lined muffin pan. Press a depression in the center of each muffin with a spoon* see photo above.
In a medium mixing bowl combine: 1 1/2 tbsp sour cream, 1 tbsp pumpkin puree, 2 1/2 ounces cream cheese softened, 1 1/2 tbsp sweetener of choice, 1/8 tsp cinnamon. Mix thoroughly until smooth.
Spoon a small amount (1 ½ tsp) of sour cream pumpkin mixture into each depression of the muffin center *as seen in photo above.
Bake at 350 F for 25 to 30 minutes or until top is firm and browned. Remove and cool. Can be served, but are best when refrigerated awhile before serving. Store unused portions in the fridge.
Nutritional Data For Low Carb Version (using sugar free maple syrup + stevia and erythritol sweetener options): Servings:1 muffin out of 12 muffins, Cal: 93, Carbs: 5.1 g/ Net Carbs: 3.1 g, Fiber: 2 g, Protein: 3 g, Fat: 7 g, Sugar: 1 g
Nutritional Data for Primal Version (using pure maple syrup and coconut sugar sweetener option): Servings: 1 muffin out of 12 muffins, Cal: 114, Carbs: 11 g / Net carbs: 9 g, Fiber 2 g, Protein: 3 g, Fat: 7 g, Sugar: 8 g
* all nutritional data are estimates based on the product I used*