Bacon Burger Stuffed Bellas
A primal, paleo and low carb bacon burger or cheeseburger stuffed portabello mushroom.
Prep Time13 mins
Cook Time15 mins
Total Time28 mins
- 1 lb ground beef
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 2 cloves to 3 garlic peeled and minced
- ¼ cup tomato puree or sauce check ingredients (make sure there is no sugar)
- 2 ½ tbsp mayonnaise homemade is best, homemade mayo recipe here
- 2 tbsp flax meal where to buy flax meal
- 4 large portabello mushrooms stemmed
- 4 strips bacon cooked and chopped *optional
- 1/3 cup grated cheese *optional
- 1 small tomato chopped *optional
- 2 tbsp chopped dill pickle *optional make sure it’s a gluten free brand
Preheat oven to 400 F, and line or grease a baking sheet.
Add ground beef, sea salt, black pepper and minced garlic to a fry pan over medium high heat and cook until beef is browned.
Drain beef of excess grease.
In a large mixing bowl combine: browned ground beef and garlic, tomato sauce, flax meal and mayonnaise. Mix together thoroughly.
Spoon equal amounts of meat mixture into hollow of the portabella mushrooms. Top with chopped bacon. Place mushrooms on a lined or oiled baking sheet.
Bake at 400 for 15 to 20 minutes until mushrooms are cooked.
Remove from oven and top with grated cheese if desired. Cool a little. Top each with optional chopped tomatoes and chopped dill pickles.
Serve and enjoy.
Serving: 1g | Calories: 471kcal | Carbohydrates: 6.5g | Protein: 27g | Fat: 33g | Fiber: 1.8g | Sugar: 1g