Paleo Lemon Blueberry Poke Cake
Paleo Lemon Blueberry Poke Cake is a simple and easy to make cake that is grain free and has low carb version.
Prep Time12 mins
Cook Time30 mins
Total Time42 mins
- Cake Ingredients:
- ½ cup coconut flour sifted, where to buy coconut flour
- 3 eggs beaten.
- 1/3 cup unsweetened coconut milk or almond milk.
- 2 tbsp lemon juice I use this lemon squeezer
- 1 tbsp lemon zest I use this micro plane to zest
- 2 ½ tbsp . coconut oil melted or grass fed butter, melted, where to buy coconut oil
- Sweetener of choice: 1/3 cup Organic maple syrup or honey or for low carb use 1/3 cup low carb maple syrup + 1/3 tsp liquid stevia
- 1 tsp lemon extract . organic GF kind
- 1/2 tsp baking soda + 1 tsp apple cider vinegar mixed in separate pinch bowl (should be very fizzy)
- 1/2 cup blueberries * optional.
- Lemon Ice Glaze:
- 2 tbsp coconut oil or butter melted, where to buy coconut oil
- 1 1/2 tbsp coconut butter melted, where to buy coconut butter
- 1 ½ tbsp unsweetened coconut milk.
- 1 1/2 tbsp lemon juice.
- ½ tsp lemon extract where to buy lemon extract, organic GF kind
- 2 tsp lemon zest.
- tbsp Sweetener of choice: 1 ½ to 2 honey for paleo or for low carb use 2 tbsp erythritol, or 1/3 tsp liquid stevia
Preheat oven to 350 F, and grease or oil a 9” round cake pan.
In a large mixing bowl combine: all the first 8 cake ingredients. Stir together thoroughly, breaking up any coconut flour clumps. Add in baking soda- vinegar mixture and stir.
Gently add and mix in the blueberries.
Spoon cake batter into prepared pan and spread around evenly.
Bake in 350 F oven for 30 minutes or until center is firm.
Remove cake from oven and let cool for 10 minutes while you make the lemon ice glaze.
Heat a small sauce pan over low heat and melt: coconut oil or butter, and coconut butter. Stir the mixture as it melts and break up any coconut butter clumps.
Once melted, remove from heat and add all the rest of the lemon ice glaze ingredients. Stir the glaze thoroughly until well mixed and set aside to cool.
Use a metal or wooden skewer, or large toothpick to poke holes all over the cake. Be sure to poke all the way down to the bottom of cake.
Spoon or pour lemon ice glaze all over the top of cake, making sure to cover well. Use the back of a spoon to spread around evenly.
Let cake cool and glaze set awhile. Should only take 5 minutes or so for glaze to solidify a bit.
Slice and serve. Unused portions should be stored in the fridge.
Nutritional Data for Low Carb Version including berries: Servings: 9 slices, Serving size: 1 slice, Cal: 130, Carbs: 7 g / Net Carbs: 4.4 g, Fiber: 2.6 g, Fat: 10 g, Protein: 3 g, Sugar: 1 g
Nutritional Data for Paleo Version; Servings: 9 slices, Serving size: 1 slice, cal: 165, Carbs: 16 g / Net Carbs: 13.4, Fiber: 2.6 g, Fat: 10 g, Protein: 3 g, Sugar: 11 g
*All nutritional data are estimates based on the products I used*