Low Carb Pumpkin Bagels
Grain free pumpkin bagels with a low carb and paleo version depending on sweetener of choice.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time23 mins
Total Time33 mins
- 1/3 cup coconut flour sifted
- 3 tbsp golden flax meal where to buy golden flax meal
- 3 eggs beaten.
- 2 tbsp butter or coconut oil melted, where to buy coconut oil
- cup Milk of choice: ¼ unsweetened coconut or almond milk.
- ½ cup pumpkin puree make sure pumpkin is the only ingredient
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (get organic gluten free kind like this one).
- 1 ¼ tsp pumpkin pie spice where to buy pumpkin pie spice
- ½ tsp cinnamon.
- 1/8 tsp sea salt.
- tbsp Sweetener of choice:1 1/2 honey or maple syrup 0r coconut sugar for paleo version or for low carb use 1 1/2 tbsp erythritol + 15 drops stevia liquid
- ½ tsp baking soda + 1 tsp apple cider vinegar mixed in separate pinch bowl . will be very fizzy
- Kitchen tools:
- Bagel or donut pan where to buy the bagel pan
- 2 large mixing bowls.
- 1 pinch bowl . small bowl
Preheat oven to 350 F, and grease or oil generously a bagel or donut pan.
In large mixing bowl combine: sifted coconut flour, golden flax meal, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, and sea salt. Mix together well. Set aside.
In a separate mixing bowl combine: eggs, pumpkin puree, milk of choice, vanilla extract, sweetener of choice, and melted butter or coconut oil.
Mix baking soda and apple cider vinegar together in pinch bowl. Add baking soda- apple cider vinegar mixture to egg mixture and stir together.
Add egg mixture to coconut flour mixture. Stir thoroughly until batter in smooth
Spoon Batter into pan forms and spread around with the back of a spoon or a spatula. Wipe the center, hole part of the form clean with a damp paper towel.
Bake for 23 to 25 minutes, or until the tops are browned and firm.
Remove from oven, and cool completely before removing from pan. Using a butter knife in-between bagel and pan edges then slide around to loosen and lift out.
Can be served whole, or turned up on its side and sliced in half, being careful not to apply too much pressure.*For a firmer texture, refrigerate overnight, then slice in half.* Can be pan toasted on each side (in a fry pan with a little butter or coconut oil & flipped over to brown both sides) or toast in a toaster oven.* Do not use a regular, pop-up toaster as it is a little delicate for that.*
Serve with butter or cream cheese for low carb and primal, or serve with honey or coconut butter for paleo.
NUTRITIONAL DATA FOR LOW CARB VERSION: Serving size: 1 bagel, Cal: 82, Carbs: 5.4 g / Net Carbs: 2.6 g, Fiber: 2.8 g Fat: 5 g, Protein: 3 g, Sugar: 1 g
NUTRITIONAL DATA FOR PALEO VERSION: Serving size: 1 bagel, Cal:94, Carbs: 9 g / Net Carbs: 6.2 g, Fiber: 2.8 g, Fat: 5 g, Protein: 3 g, Sugar: 4 g
All nutritional data are estimates based on the products I used.