Low Carb Croissant Bagels
A grain free, low carb, buttery, croissant bagel.
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time25 mins
- 3 eggs separated.
- ¼ tsp cream of tartar where to buy this
- 2 tbsp organic cream cheese softened.
- 2 tbsp butter melted.
- 2 tbsp coconut flour (can sift it if it's clumpy), where to buy coconut flour
- tsp Sweetener of choice:1 1/2 tsp erythritol or 15 drops liquid stevia or 1 tsp honey for primal., for low carb
- ½ tsp baking soda + ¼ tsp cream of tartar mixed together in separate pinch bowl.
- 1/8 tsp sea salt.
- Kitchen Tools:
- 2 large mixing bowls.
- 1 donut pan or bagel pan, where to buy bagel pan
- 1 electric hand mixer or stand mixer
- 1 pinch bowl . small bowl
Preheat oven to 300 F, and grease or oil a bagel or donut pan (even if it’s a non- stick type).
Separate egg whites from yolks, and place whites in one mixing bowl, and yolks in another mixing bowl.
Add cream of tartar to egg whites and whip with stand mixer or hand mixer until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
Beat egg yolks in separate mixing bowl and add: cream cheese, melted butter, coconut flour, sweetener of choice, baking soda and cream of tartar mixture, and sea salt. Beat egg yolk mixture until thoroughly combined.
Gently fold egg yolk mixture into egg white mixture until combined (careful not to stir or beat (should still be a whipped meringue texture).
Spoon mixture into bagel pan, and spread around, with the back of a spoon, in the pan forms. Wipe off excess that gets on the bagel hole part of pan with a damp paper towel.
Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until tops and edges are slightly browning. Should check at 20 minutes, as all oven temperatures can vary.
Remove and cool. Use a butter knife in between the pan and the croissant, and slide around to loosen from pan. Store unused portions in covered container or zipper bag in fridge. Can be reheated.
Nutritional Data For Low Carb Version: Yield: 7 bagels or rolls, Serving Size: 1 bagel or roll, Cal: 83, Carbs:1.9 g / Net Carbs:1.1 g, Fiber: 0.7 g, Fat: 6.8 g, Protein: 3.4 g, Sugar: 0 g
Nutritional Data for Primal Version (honey): Cal: 86, Carbs: 3g / Net Carbs: 2.3 g, Fiber: 0.7 g, Fat: 6.8 g, Protein: 3.4 g, Sugar: 3 g
(nutritional data is an estimate based on the products I used.)