Sopa De Lima
Many years ago, I discovered this amazing Yucatan lime soup in Playa Del Carmen, Mexico. I had to recreate it at home with paleo ingredients.
Prep Time25 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time45 mins
- 4 Chicken breast halves.
- 1/4 tsp Chili Powder.
- 1/4 tsp Garlic Powder.
- 4 Cups Organic Chicken Broth or homemade Chicken broth . be sure to get the gluten free kind
- 2 in Serrano Chile Peppers Cut and scrape out all seeds & Chop small pieces (can use hotter peppers if your spicy).
- 4 Cloves to 5 Garlic peeled and minced.
- 2 Tomatoes chopped
- 1/2 of an Onion chopped * optional, not everybody likes onions.
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- Cup Juice of 2 Limes or 1/3 Lime juice
- 1/2 tsp Lime Zest * optional
- 2 Tbsp fresh Cilantro chopped
- 1 Avocado peeled and chopped.
- Dash Sea Salt* optional
Preheat Oven to 400 F, and line or oil a baking dish.
Place chicken in dish and sprinkle with chili powder and garlic powder.
Bake Chicken for 20 minutes.
while chicken is baking, put a large stock pot on stove top.
Add Olive oil to stock pot, then saute : Minced Garlic, Serrano peppers, and Minced Onion, in stock pot for 3 minutes, or until veggies are softening.
Add Chopped Tomatoes to the stock pot and simmer for 2 minutes more.
Add Chicken broth and Lime juice to the stock pot and stir, put heat on low.
Remove chicken from oven when done, and cool just enough to chop into bite size pieces.
Add Chopped Chicken to stock pot, and stir.
Bring stock pot to a boil, then reduce heat to Low, and cover pot with lid.
Simmer for 20 Minutes.
Place some Chopped Avocado chunks into each individual serving bowl. * Do not throw avocado into cooking soup pot, it gets gross.
Pour Soup over avocado in serving bowls.
Garnish with Cilantro.
Can add Sea Salt to taste.
Serving: 1cup | Calories: 174kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 7.1g | Fat: 11.5g | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 2.7g