Crock Pot Chile Verde
A delicious, grain free, crock pot chile verde with avocado, cilantro, lime cream sauce. Yum~
Prep Time12 mins
Cook Time6 hrs
Total Time6 hrs 12 mins
- 2 lbs boneless chopped, pork stewing meat, or chicken.
- 3 Tbsp butter divided or oil of choice for paleo.
- 3 tbsp cilantro chopped fine,and divided.
- 1 1/2 cups salsa verde I use Trader Joes
- 5 cloves garlic minced and divided.
- 1/4 tsp sea salt.
- 1 tbsp extra cilantro for garnish.
Put crock pot on high and put two tbsps of the butter into crock pot and let melt.
Add 4 of the minced garlic cloves and 2 tbsps cilantro to the crock pot and stir.
Heat a large fry pan to medium high on stove top, and melt 1 tbsp butter in it.
Add one tbsp mince garlic and 1 tbsp minced cilantro.
Add cubed pork meat to fry pan and brown sears all side of pork until just browned not cooked through.
Add pork meat and garlic cilantro butter to the crock pot.
Add 1 1/2 cups salsa verde to the crock pot and stir around.
Cover crock pot and cook on high for 2 hours , then turn down to low for 3 to 4 hours more, or could cook on low for 6 to 8 hours.
Serve in lettuce cups, or in grain free tortillas, or over cauliflower rice.
Calories: 206.7kcal | Carbohydrates: 2.4g | Protein: 29g | Fat: 8g | Fiber: 0.6g | Sugar: 0.6g