Paleo Peach Mini Pies
A grain free, nut free, paleo, low carb peach mini pie recipe. My favorite fruit pie.
Prep Time35 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time55 mins
- THE CRUST:
- 1/2 cup coconut flour where to buy coconut flour
- 1/3 cup butter melted, or coconut oil, melted ( for paleo), where to buy coconut oil
- 1 large egg beaten
- 1/8 tsp sea salt * optional
- 1 Tbsp Sweetener of choice: 1tbsp honey for Paleo version or 26 drops liquid stevia, or 1 tbsp erythritol ( for low carb version)
- THE FILLING:
- 1 cup ripe peaches peeled and chopped ( could used defrosted frozen peaches).
- 1/4 cup Sweetener of choice: 1/4 coconut sugar for paleo version, or 1/4 cup erythritol plus 1/4 tsp liquid stevia for low carb version.
- 1 Tbsp coconut flour
- 1 tsp chia seeds plus 1 tbsp water * optional for extra fiber
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice or make your own (1/4 tsp cinnamon, 1/8 tsp ground ginger, 1/8 tsp nutmeg).
Preheat oven to 375 F, and oil or grease a muffin pan or mini tart pan.
If using chia seeds (optional), mix with water in a small bowl and put in the fridge for 15 minutes.
Chop and peel peaches, and put peaches (including any juices) into a large mixing bowl.
Add sweetener of choice, and 1 tbsp coconut flour to peaches in bowl.
Toss the peaches, sweetener, and coconut flour around to coat.
If using optional chia seeds, add chia seed water gel to mixture and stir in.
Let mixture set on counter for 30 minutes.
While filling is setting, start making the pie crust.
In medium bowl add all pie crust ingredients and mix well with fork until dough forms.
Squeeze dough into 6 balls.
Place dough balls into muffin pan and press and mush dough around too cover at least half of each muffin depression in pan.
Once thirty minutes has passed and filling has thickened a little, then fill each crust with the peach filling (to just slightly below the edge of crust).
Bake for 20 minutes, but check at 14 minutes and see if crust edges are browning too fast. If they are then loosely cover the top of muffin pan with a parchment paper sheet or foil sheet and continue baking.
Remove, cool and refrigerate. Crust is easier to remove from pan if it has been refrigerated for an hour.
Use a butter knife between crust and pan, and slide around to loosen and remove.
Can reheat on baking sheet in 375 F oven for 3 to 5 minutes, or microwave for 20 seconds.
NUTRITIONAL DATA FOR LOW CARB VERSION WITH CHIA SEEDS: Yield: 9, serving Size: 1, Cal: 158, Carbs: 9 g / Net Carbs: 5.2 g, Fiber; 3.25 g, Sugar alcohol: 0.5 g, Fat: 13 g, Protein: 3 g, Sugar: 3 g
NUTRIONAL DATA FOR LOW CARB VERSION WITHOUT CHIA SEEDS:: Yield: 9, serving Size: 1, Cal: 153, Carbs: 9 g / Net Carbs: 5.6 g Fiber: 2.9 g, Sugar Alcohol: 0.5 g, Fat: 12 g, Protein: 3 g, Sugar: 3 g
NUTRITIONAL DATA FOR PALEO (COCONUT SUGAR/ HONEY) VERSION WITH CHIA SEEDS: Yield: 9, serving Size: 1, Cal:192, Carbs:19 g, / Net Carbs:15.7 g, Fiber: 3.25, Fat: 13g, Protein:3 g, sugar: 14 g