Chocolate Chip Cranberry Pecan Bread (grain free)
A paleo fruit and nut bread that is healthier and so much better tasting than fruit cake.
Prep Time8 mins
Cook Time30 mins
Total Time38 mins
- 3 eggs beaten.
- cup Sweetener or choice: 1/3 organic maple syrup or honey or for low carb use 1/3 cup low carb maple syrup, I used this one, or can use 1/3 cup erythritol., for paleo
- 3 tbsp butter melted or coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup unsweetened apple sauce.
- 1/3 cup milk of choice: unsweetened coconut milk or almond milk.
- 1 tsp organic GF orange extract *optional.
- 2 tsp orange zest . use a micro plane or a fine grater
- 1/2 tsp baking soda + 1 tsp apple cider vinegar mixed in a separate pinch bowl . will be very fizzy
- ¾ cup fresh cranberries minced (I chop mine in the processor or blender for a few seconds).
- ½ cup coconut flour sifted,
- 2 tbsp golden flax meal *optional
- 1/3 cup paleo friendly chocolate chips or for low carb use chopped low carb chocolate bar, I used these low carb chips * optional., soy & dairy free
- 1/4 cup pecans chopped *optional, can omit for nut free.
Preheat oven to 375 F, and grease a 9x5x2 inch loaf pan.
In a large mixing bowl combine: 3 eggs, maple syrup, milk of choice, melted butter or coconut oil, vanilla extract, lemon or orange zest, apple sauce, minced cranberries, and baking soda-apple cider vinegar mixture. Stir together thoroughly.
Add to mixture in bowl: coconut flour, golden flax meal. Stir in thoroughly.
Add to batter the optional pecans and chocolate chips. Mix in well.
Spoon batter into loaf pan and spread evenly in pan.
Bake at 375 F for about 28 to 32 minutes, or until tooth pick comes out of center clean.
Cool, slice and serve. Store any left-over portions in fridge.
Nutritional Data for Low Carb Version: Servings: 8, Serving size: 1 slice, Cal: 176, Carbs: 10.8 g / Net Carbs: 6.6 g, Fiber: 4.2 g, Fat: 13 g, Protein: 5 g, Sugar: 2 g
Nutritional Data for Paleo Version: Servings: 8, Serving size: 1 slice, Cal: 225, Carbs: 23 g / Net Carbs: 19.8, Fiber: 4.2, Protein: 5 g, Sugar: 14 g
*All nutritional data are estimates based on the products I used*