Garlic Cashew Crusted Pork Chops
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time25 mins
Total Time35 mins
- 5 medium size pork chops
- 2 eggs beaten
- ½ cup cashew meal or almond flour you can grind up raw cashews into a powdered meal using a magic bullet type blender.
- 1/3 cup ground sunflower seeds, or can use 1/3 cup almond flour (grind up raw shelled sunflower seeds into a powdered meal)
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 1/2 tsp smoked paprika like this one
- 1 tsp chipotle chili powder like this one
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp parmesan cheese * optional can omit if dairy free.
Preheat oven to 400 F, and generously grease or oil a large baking dish.
In a processor or magic bullet type blender, grind up cashews until powdered meal forms (if you can’t find cashew meal). Put ground cashews or almond flour in a bowl and set aside.
In processor or magic bullet type blender grind the sunflower seeds until powdered meal forms. Add ground sunflower seeds to the cashew meal in bowl.
Combine with the cashew and sunflower meal: 2 tsp garlic powder, 1 tsp sea salt, 1 1/2 tsp smoked paprika, 1 tsp chipotle chili powder, ½ tsp black pepper and 2 tbsp parmesan cheese * optional. Mix together thoroughly.
In a separate medium size mixing bowl beat 2 eggs.
Dip a pork chop in beaten eggs and place in the cashew breading bowl, and coat pork chop in cashew breading. Flip chop over and coat the other side. Once coated, place in prepared baking dish. Repeat with each pork chop.
Bake at 400 F for 20 to 30 minutes depending on thickness of pork chop. Half way through cooking time flip the pork chops over then continue baking for remaining time.
Serving: 1g | Calories: 240kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 18g | Fat: 16g | Fiber: 1.4g | Sugar: 1g