Raw Chocolate Orange Truffle Bites
An easy, no bake orange chocolate coconut truffle recipe that is paleo, nut fee, dairy free and vegetarian with vegan option.
Prep Time15 mins
Total Time15 mins
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/3 cup cocoa or cacao powder
- 2 1/2 tbsp Sweetener of choice: 2 ½ tbsp honey or for vegan use 3 tbsp maple syrup , or for low carb option use 3 tbsp low carb maple syrup + ¼ tsp liquid stevia, or can use just liquid stevia to taste .
- 2 tsp orange zest I used a microplane zester
- 1 tsp organic GF orange extract
- 3 tbsp coconut oil melted,
Line a baking with parchment paper.
In a food processor or blender add coconut flakes and pulse until finely ground.
Add the cocoa or cacao powder to the processor and pulse until mixed.
Add all remaining ingredients to the processor and pulse until mixed.
Remove blade, scrape side of processor bowl with spoon and mix thoroughly.
Spoon small mounds of the mixture onto the lined baking tray and use hands or spoon to round and smooth into balls.
Place baking tray in the freezer for 12 to 15 minutes or until balls have solidified.
Serve and enjoy. Unused portions should be stored in the freezer in covered container.
Nutritional Data for Low Carb Version with low carb maple syrup & stevia: Servings: 10, Serving Size: 1 truffle, Cal: 86, Carbs: 3.3 g / Net Carbs: 1.7 g, Fiber; 1.6 g, Fat: 8 g, Sugar; 0 g
Nutritional Data for Paleo Version with honey: Servings: 10, Serving size: 1 truffle, Cal: 99, Carbs: 7 g / Net Carbs: 5.4 g, Fiber; 1.6 g, Fat: 8 g, Protein: 1g, Sugar: 5 g
*all nutritional data are estimates based on the products I used*