Paleo Strawberry Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
Grain free strawberry banana muffins with chocolate chips.
Prep Time8 mins
Cook Time25 mins
Total Time33 mins
- 1/3 cup coconut flour where to buy it
- ¼ cup cashew or almond meal where to buy it
- 2 tbsp coconut oil or ghee or butter melted,where to buy coconut oil or ghee
- 3 eggs beaten
- 1/3 cup coconut or almond milk
- cup Sweetener of choice:1/3 maple syrup or for low carb use 1/3 cup low carb maple syrup, like this one, or can use 1 tsp liquid stevia.
- 1 tsp GF vanilla extract where to buy this
- 1/2 small ripe banana mashed
- 1 tsp baking soda + 2 tsp apple cider vinegar mixed thoroughly in a separate pinch bowl
- 1/3 cup strawberries chopped in small pieces
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips dairy and soy free kind *optional, where to buy this Or for low carb use a 1/4 cup chopped low carb chocolate bar, like this one
Preheat oven to 375 F and grease or line a muffin pan.
Combine in large mixing bowl: coconut flour and cashew or almond meal. Mix together.
Add to mixing bowl: beaten eggs, sweetener of choice, melted coconut oil or ghee, coconut milk or almond milk, vanilla extract, mashed banana, and baking soda +vinegar mixture. Stir together thoroughly.
Add to the mixing bowl: chopped strawberries, and optional chocolate chips. Fold gently into the batter.
Spoon batter into muffin pan.
Bake at 375 f for 25 to 30 minutes or until done in center and toothpick comes out clean.
Cool and serve.
Nutritional Facts for Low Carb Version (low carb maple syrup & low carb chocolate):Servings: 12, Serving size: 1 muffin, Cal: 85, Carbs: 5.3 / Net Carbs: 3.6 g, Fiber 1.7 g, Fat: 6 g, Protein: 2 g, Sugar: 2 g
Nutritional Data for Paleo Version (maple syrup & chocolate chips) : Servings: 12, Serving size: 1 muffin, Cal:107, Carbs:13 g / Net carbs: 11.3 g, Fiber: 1.7 g, Fat: 6 g, Protein: 2 g, Sugar: 8 g
* all nutritional data is an estimate based on the products I used*