Gluten Free, low Carb, Scotch Eggs
I love scotch eggs, and this is the way I make them.
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time32 mins
Total Time47 mins
- 6 pre hard boiled eggs ( cooled peeled, and dry)
- 1 lb ground turkey sausage gluten free kind
- 1/3 cup liquid egg whites or 1 beaten egg
- 1 Tbsp gluten free Worcestershire sauce can be omitted
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp poultry seasoning
- 1/2 Tbsp Cajun seasoning *optional
- 1/2 Tbsp Frank's red pepper sauce or omit if your not spicy
- Grain Free Breading:
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese* optional can omit if diary free
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
Preheat oven to 400 F.
Put lean sausage in a bowl add: Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, poultry seasoning, Cajun seasoning, red pepper sauce.
Mix it all together.
Then in a separate bowl put egg whites or beaten egg.
In another bowl mix: coconut flour, Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper.
Now separate your meat mixture into 6 patties.
Place your cooled, peeled, and dry hard boiled egg on a meat mixture patty, and roll in hands around your egg until covered and ball shaped.
Dip and roll in egg wash mixture, Then roll in coconut flour Parmesan mixture till covered.
Then place in a greased or parchment lined casserole baking dish.
Repeat with other eggs.
Bake at 400 F for 30 minutes. Then put on low broil for two to three minutes, just until browned.
Serve with favorite dipping sauce, hot sauce or Mustard.
Serving: 1g | Calories: 241kcal | Carbohydrates: 3.8g | Protein: 24g | Fat: 13g | Fiber: 1.8g