Grain Free Butter Top Dinner Rolls
Prep Time6 mins
Cook Time45 mins
Total Time51 mins
- ½ cup almond flour
- ⅓ cup coconut flour
- 3 ½ tbsppsyllium husk powder
- 2 ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 ½ tsp sweetener of choice: erythritol granular for low carb or coconut sugar for paleo (does not make it sweet, but is optional)
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 6 cup egg whites or ⅔ 100% liquid egg whites
- 2 tbsp butter melted
- 1 ½ tbsp apple cider vinegar
- ⅓ cup hot water
- 2 tbsp butter melted (for brushing the tops)
- ⅓ cup optional grated cheddar cheese omit for paleo
Preheat oven to 350 F, and grease or line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
In a large mixing bowl combine: ½ cup almond flour, ⅓ cup coconut flour, 3 ½ tbsp psyllium husk powder, 2 ½ tsp baking powder, 2 tsp granular sweetener of choice, and sea salt. Mix together thoroughly. Set aside.
In a second large mixing bowl combine: 6 egg whites, 2 tbsp melted butter, and1 ½ tbsp apple cider vinegar. Mix together thoroughly.
pour the egg mixture into the dry flour mixture and stir together well until dough forms.
Pour the ⅓ hot water over the dough and stir into the dough until dough forms again.
Form dough into 9 rounded mounds with your hands, and place onto baking sheet.
Brush the tops lightly with melted butter.
Bake for 40 to 50 minutes. Remove from oven.
Can sprinkle the tops with optional cheese if desired.
Serve and enjoy! If rolls are still doughy in the center, then return to oven for a few minutes, or can microwave for 25 seconds.
Serving: 1g | Calories: 139kcal | Carbohydrates: 12.5g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 9g | Sodium: 182mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 1g