Magical Paleo Pumpkin Crumble Bars
Magical Paleo Pumpkin Crumble Bars are a great fall treat. Creamy pumpkin cake layer with a coffee cake crumble topping. Will magically disappear from your kitchen!
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time30 mins
Total Time40 mins
- Magical Paleo Pumpkin Crumble Bars:
- 1/3 cup coconut flour sifted, where to buy this
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice.
- 1 tsp cinnamon.
- 1/8 tsp sea salt.
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1/3 cup organic pumpkin puree . make sure pumpkin is the only ingredient
- Sweetener of choice: 1/3 organic maple syrup or for low carb version use 1/3 cup low carb maple syrup + 25 drops liquid stevia (I used Nature’s Hollow Maple Syrup)., or could use 1/2 cup erytritol +1/3 cup water., for paleo and vegetarian
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk or coconut milk.
- 2 tbsp coconut oil or dairy butter melted.
- 1 tsp gluten free organic vanilla extract.
- ½ tsp baking soda + 1 tsp apple cider vinegar mixed in a separate pinch bowl (will be very fizzy).
- Crumble Topping:
- 1/2 cup almond or pecan meal (grind up raw almonds or pecans in a magic bullet or coffee grinder until course grained meal forms) or can purchase at Trader Joes.
- 3 tbsp unsweetened organic coconut flakes.
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar for paleo or for low carb use a low carb granulated sweetener (I used 2 tbsp eyrithritol).
- 1 tsp cinnamon.
- 3 tbsp coconut oil or dairy butter melted.
Preheat oven at 350 F, and grease or oil an 8x8 pan.
In a large mixing bowl combine: 1/3 cup sifted coconut flour, 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice, 1 tsp cinnamon, and 1/8 tsp sea salt. Mix together thoroughly. Set aside.
In a different large mixing bowl combine: 2 eggs, 1/4 cup almond or coconut milk, 1/3 cup pumpkin puree, 2 tbsp melted coconut oil or butter, 1/3 cup maple syrup or sweetener of choice, and 1 tsp vanilla extract. Mix together until combined. Add the baking soda –vinegar mixture to the egg mixture. Mix together thoroughly.
Add coconut flour mixture to the egg mixture and stir until combined.
Pour and spread batter into greased 8x8 pan, and set aside.
In a medium mixing bowl combine all the crumble topping ingredients, use a fork to mix topping until a paste forms.
Take the crumble topping and scatter chunks of crumble topping all over the top of the pumpkin batter in the pan, *seen in photo above*.
Bake at 350 F for 28 to 30 minutes or until top is browned, and toothpick comes out of center clean.
Cool completely, then cover and refrigerate for one hour or longer (this sets the pumpkin layer).
Cut into 9 medium size bars and serve.
Nutritional Data For Low Carb Version: Serving: 1 medium size bar, Cal: 132, Fat:9.8 g, Carbs: 5.3/ Net Carbs: 2.7 g, Fiber: 2.6 g, Protein: 3 g, Sugar: 1 g,
[Nutritional Data For Paleo Version: Serving: 1 medium size bar out of 9, Cal:163, Fat: 9.8 g, Carbs: 12 g/ Net Carbs: 9.4 g, Fiber: 2.6 g, Protein: 3 g, Sugar: 8 g.
*Nutritional data is an estimate based on the products I used.*