Quick Paleo Cinna Bun Muffin
Quick Paleo Cinna Bun Muffins are a fast, easy, frosted, cinnamon roll flavored muffin that is grain free with low carb options.
Prep Time4 mins
Cook Time2 mins
Total Time6 mins
- Cinna Bun Muffin:
- 1 tbsp butter or ghee or coconut oil melted
- tbsp Milk of choice: 1 unsweetened coconut milk or unsweetened almond milk or 1 tbsp heavy cream
- 1 egg beaten
- ¼ tsp GF vanilla extract where to buy GF vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp cashew meal where to buy cashew meal, grind up raw cashews in a processor until course flour forms
- tbsp Sweetener of choice: 1 coconut sugar or 1 tbsp erythritol for low carb sugar free where to buy erythritol, paleo
- 1 tsp organic cinnamon like this one
- 1/8 tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp apple cider vinegar like this one
- FROSTING :
- 2 tsp butter or ghee or coconut oil melted
- tbsp Cream of choice: 1 coconut cream or 1 tbsp double English cream (where to buy this), or 1 tbsp cream cheese, softened, where to buy this
- ½ tsp lemon juice I use this lemon squeezer
- 1/8 tsp GF vanilla or orange extract
- 1/8 tsp apple cider vinegar
- tsp Sweetener of choice: 2 honey or 12 drops liquid stevia for low carb sugar free option, paleo
- Optional pan frying: can pay fry for a cinnamon crisp on outside of bun
- 1 small fry pan
- tsps a pat of butter or a couple coconut oil
- a pinch of cinnamon
Preheat oven to 400 F, if using oven instead of microwave. Grease or oil a glass or ceramic ramekin, an example of a 6 inch ramekin.
Combine in the ramekin: 1 tbsp melted butter or ghee or coconut oil, 1 tbsp milk of choice, 1 beaten egg, ¼ tsp vanilla extract, 3 tbsp cashew meal, 1 tbsp sweetener of choice and 1 tsp cinnamon.
Stir thoroughly with a fork, breaking up any clumps.
Add 1/8 tsp baking soda to mixture and pour ¼ tsp apple cider vinegar over the top of the baking soda.
Stir together thoroughly until completely mixed.
Microwave for 1 minute and thirty seconds or until middle is done or bake in 400 F oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until center is mostly firm.
Remove and let cool.
While cinna bun is cooling, combine all the frosting ingredients in a small bowl. Whip together until all frosting ingredients are mixed together. Set aside.
Using a butter knife between the cinna bun and ramekin edge, slide knife around bun and loosen from ramekin. The lift out a ramekin.
In a small fry pan on medium heat, melt a little butter or coconut oil, then sprinkle lightly with cinnamon and place cinna bun in fry pan and pan toast a little on each side for a minute ( gives it a little cinnamon crisp effect on the outside of bun).
Using a butter knife, spread the frosting over the top of the cinna bun.
Cut in half for two portions or serve as one.
Nutritional Data for Paleo Version (coconut sugar &honey sweetener options) : Servings: 2, Serving Size: 1/2 of whole bun, Cal: 244, Carbs: 15 g/ Net Carbs: 13.9 g, Fiber: 1.1 g, Fat: 19 g, Protein: 5 g, Sugar: 12 g
Nutritional Data for Low Carb Version (erythritol and stevia option): Servings: 2, Serving size: half of whole bun, Cal: 207, Carbs: 4.5 g / Net Carbs: 3.4 g, Fiber: 1.1 g, Fat: 19 g, Protein: 5 g, Sugar: 1 g
*all nutritional data are estimates based on the products I used*