Cheddar Bacon Asparagus Chicken Rolls
Cheddar Bacon Asparagus Chicken Rolls are an easy, but tasty, low carb, primal, gluten free meal.
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time25 mins
Total Time30 mins
- 4 lb chicken breasts boneless skinless (1 )
- 16 asparagus spears medium size
- 4 slices bacon cooked & chopped
- 4 slices cheddar cheese
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp paprika
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp dried thyme
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 4 pieces kitchen twine or heat safe elastic food ties
- Plastic cling wrap
- Kitchen mallet
1. Preheat oven to 400 F (204 C), and line or grease a baking sheet.
2. Place raw chicken between two sheets plastic cling wrap, and pound chicken flat to about ½ inch to ¼ inch (does not need to be super thin).3. Remove flattened chicken from plastic wrap.4. Place a slice of cheddar cheese on the middle each piece of chicken. 5. Sprinkle cheese with chopped bacon and four asparagus spears on top.6. Roll sides of chicken around asparagus (does not have to touch or cover completely).7. Hold chicken roll and place on kitchen twine or heat safe elastic tie, and tie the roll closed to hold together. 8. Place chicken rolls open asparagus side down on prepared baking sheet. 9. Brush the tops of chicken with olive oil, and Set aside.10. In a small bowl mix all the spices together. Sprinkle all the chicken rolls with the spice mixture.11. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until chicken is done.
Calories: 390kcal | Carbohydrates: 3.5g | Protein: 42g | Fat: 19g | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g