Chocolate Pumpkin Gingerbread Tarts (paleo)
A grain free, paleo, nut free, Fall holiday treat with low carb options.
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time10 mins
Total Time25 mins
- Gingerbread Pie Crust
- 1 egg beaten.
- 1/3 cup butter melted or coconut oil, melted.
- 2 tsp organic molasses.
- 1 tsp ground ginger.
- Sweetener of choice: 2 tsp honey for paleo or can use 20 drops liquid stevia for low carb option.
- ½ tsp cinnamon.
- ½ cup coconut flour. where to buy coconut flour
- Pie Filling:
- 1 15-ounce can pumpkin puree . be sure pumpkin is the only ingredient
- 1 ½ tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp coconut oil or butter melted.
- ¼ cup melted organic paleo friendly dark chocolate chips ,or for low carb use 1 ounce low carb chocolate bar
- Sweetener of choice: 1/3 cup organic pure maple syrup or for low carb version use 1/3 cup low carb maple syrup (I used Nature's Hollow low carb syrup) + 20 drops liquid stevia.
Preheat oven to 350 F, and grease or oil 4 medium size tart pans or 8 muffin holes in a muffin pan.
In a large mixing bowl combine all the ingredients for the gingerbread pie crust. Mix together thoroughly and smush with a fork until a crumbly pie crust forms.
Divide pie dough into 4 to 8 balls. Press each dough ball into a tart pan or muffin pan. Press dough around in pan until tart pan is covered in dough, or until muffin pan depression is half covered.
Bake pie crusts at 350 F for 10 minutes, or until crust is starting to brown. Remove from oven and cool.
In a food processor or blender combine all the pie filling ingredients and process or blend. Process until thoroughly combined and smooth.
Spoon pie filling into baked pie crusts in tart pans or muffin pan. Spread and smooth the filling in pie crusts.
Place all tarts in the refrigerator for 3 hours to overnight (filling gets firmer the longer it’s in the fridge).
Serve as is, or can garnish with optional melted chocolate or coconut whip cream, or homemade whip cream.
Nutritional Data For Low Carb Version: Serving Size: 1 small tart, or 1/2 medium tart, Cal:195, Carbs:13.5 g / Net Carbs: 6.8 g, Fiber : 6.7 g,
Fat: 15 g, Protein: 4 g, Sugar: 3 g
Nutritional Data for Paleo Version: serving size: 1 small tart or 1/2 medium size tart, Cal: 221, Carbs: 21 g / Net Carbs: 14.3 g, Fiber; 6.7 g, Protein; 4 g, Sugar: 11 g
* all nutritional data are estimates based on the products I used*