Chocolate Chip Cranberry Pecan Bread Grain Free
Chocolate Cranberry Pecan Bread (grain free) is my gluten-free, low carb replacement for fruitcake. A low carb & paleo version of Bishop's bread.
I really never liked fruit cake and in my family, we always made fruit and nut loaves instead.
We were always suspicious of the oddly colored “fruit” in the fruitcake. My mother always made a chocolate chip cherry nut loaf that she called Bishop's bread.
We loved that bread and best of all there were no green mystery fruit chunks, lol.
This is my grain-free version of that with cranberries. I love cranberries and they are everywhere this time of year.
Also, they are lower in carbs than cherries. I made a paleo version and a lower carb version depending on the sweetener of choice you use.
Can also omit the nuts for a nut-free option.
RECIPE AND DIRECTIONS BELOW:
Chocolate Chip Cranberry Pecan Bread (grain free)
- 3 eggs beaten.
- ⅓ cup Sweetener or choice: ⅓ cup organic maple syrup or ⅓ cup erythritol granular sweetener for low carb
- 3 tbsp butter melted or coconut oil, melted
- ¼ cup unsweetened apple sauce.
- ⅓ cup milk of choice: unsweetened coconut milk or almond milk.
- 1 tsp organic GF orange extract *optional.
- 2 tsp orange zest . use a micro plane or a fine grater
- ½ tsp baking soda + 1 tsp apple cider vinegar mixed in a separate pinch bowl . will be very fizzy
- ¾ cup fresh cranberries minced (I chop mine in the processor or blender for a few seconds).
- ½ cup coconut flour sifted,
- 2 tbsp golden flax meal *optional
- ⅓ cup paleo friendly chocolate chips or sugar free chocolate chips for low carb
- ¼ cup pecans chopped *optional, can omit for nut free.
- 1 tsp Xanthan Gum *can omit for paleo
- Preheat oven to 375 F, and grease a 9x5x2 inch loaf pan.
- In a large mixing bowl combine: 3 eggs, maple syrup, milk of choice, melted butter or coconut oil, vanilla extract, lemon or orange zest, apple sauce, minced cranberries, and baking soda-apple cider vinegar mixture. Stir together thoroughly.
- Add to mixture in bowl: coconut flour, golden flax meal & xanthan gum. Stir in thoroughly.
- Add to batter the optional pecans and chocolate chips. Mix in well.
- Spoon batter into loaf pan and spread evenly in pan.
- Bake at 375 F for about 28 to 32 minutes, or until tooth pick comes out of center clean.
- Cool, slice and serve. Store any left-over portions in fridge.
*As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Recipes You May Also Enjoy: