Keto Bacon Egg Salad Rolls are paleo, low carb, and make for a very satisfying and tasty appetizer, snack, or grab and go breakfast or lunch.
Made in the Instant Pot or on the stovetop, these snacks have creamy egg salad with chopped bacon rolled up in a ham or turkey deli slice.
I like to make these keto bacon egg salad rolls in advance and store in the fridge to have easily available for a quick snack, or a grab & go breakfast or packable lunch.
These also make a wonderful, no-fuss appetizer for guests or parties.
I made these for my son's drama theater group and they were such a hit & the whole tray was devoured in minutes.
Also, for those of you who don't enjoy ham, you can also use turkey deli slices instead. You can also omit the bacon if you must.
This recipe has two options for cooking the eggs; Instant Pot directions & stovetop directions, depending on which method you prefer.
The Instant Pot method is a little faster but the boiling on the stovetop method does not take that much more time or effort.
I used an ice bath to cool down the eggs faster and make them easier to peel the shells off. But you can also just let them cool on the counter to room temperature if you're out of ice cubes.
Helpful Process Shots Below
Printable Recipe Card Below
Keto Bacon Egg Salad Rolls
- 16 slices deli ham or turkey nitrate-free
- 4 eggs hard-boiled
- 3 slices cooked bacon finely chopped
- 3 ½ tbsp mayonnaise
- ⅛ tsp black pepper
- ⅛ tsp paprika
Sauce Pan Directions:
- Add the eggs to a saucepan and fill with cold water. Bring water to a rolling boil and immediately remove from heat. Cover saucepan and let the eggs stand for 10-12 minutes.
- While eggs are resting, prepare an ice bath.
- Take the eggs out of the water in a saucepan and add eggs to the ice water bath and let cool for 5 minutes in the bath. Remove from ice bath and peel eggs.
- Chop the eggs and add them to a medium-sized bowl.
- Add mayonnaise, paprika, pepper, and chopped bacon. Mix well. Add 1 ½ tbsp egg salad to each ham or turkey slice and roll-up.
Instant Pot Directions:
- Add 1 cup water to the inner pot of the Instant Pot. Place steamer basket or trivet on top of the water. Carefully place eggs on top of trivet or basket.
- Secure and lock the lid. Turn the pressure release valve to Sealing.
- Select Pressure Cook (or Manual) setting on High Pressure and set the cooking time for 5 minutes.
- While eggs are cooking, prepare an ice bath.
- When cooking is complete, let the pressure Release Naturally for 5 minutes (don’t do anything; just let the pot sit for 5 minutes).
- Then Quick Release the remaining pressure by using a wooden spoon or potholder to turn the pressure release valve to Venting.
- Open the lid and transfer the eggs to the ice bath to cool for 5 minutes. Remove from bath and peel eggs.
- Chop the eggs and add them to a medium-sized bowl. Add mayonnaise, paprika, pepper, and chopped bacon. Mix well. Add 1 ½ tbsp egg salad to each ham or turkey slice and roll-up.
*As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Recipes You May Also Enjoy:
For More Keto Instant Pot Recipes, Get My Book "Keto in an Instant". 100 ketogenic recipes for your Instant Pot.