Paleo Pumpkin Pie Dessert Nachos
Paleo Pumpkin Pie Dessert Nachos are sweet cinnamon pie crust chips that are dipped into a creamy pumpkin pie dip. The dip is topped with caramel sauce and whipped cream, or coconut cream. These were easier to make than they look, so don’t be intimidated.
A fun, fall inspired treat that looks very impressive, and tastes like pumpkin pie. My family loved dipping the cinnamon pie crust chips into the pumpkin pie caramel dip. Don’t you love an ooey, gooey, creamy dessert that is also a finger food?
No double dipping, please, lol. If you portion it separately, then you can double dip to your heart’s content. Also remember to dip gently, as these are actually pie crust and can break if you dip with gusto.
Paleo Pumpkin Pie Dessert Nachos
- Cinnamon Pie Crust Chips Ingredients:
- 1 cup and 2 tbsp almond flour
- 1 egg beaten
- ¼ cup butter melted or coconut oil, melted
- 1 ½ tbsp sweetener of choice: coconut sugar (paleo ) or for low carb use 1 ½ tbsp erythritol
- ½ tsp cinnamon for sprinkling on the top of chips
- 1 ½ tbsp sweetener of choice for sprinkling on the top of chips: coconut sugar or erythritol for low carb
- Pumpkin Pie Dip Ingredients:
- ½ cup pumpkin puree (unsweetened pumpkin should be the only ingredient)
- ¼ cup unsweetened full fat canned coconut milk or heavy cream
- 2 tbsp sweetener of choice: coconut sugar for paleo or for low carb use erythritol like Swerve.
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- Caramel Sauce Ingredients:
- 2 tbsp sweetener of choice: coconut sugar or for low carb use erythritol, paleo
- 2 tbsp butter or coconut oil
- 2 tbsp heavy cream or coconut milk
- ⅛ tsp molasses
- ⅛ tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp whipped cream or coconut cream optionally sweetened with a couple drops honey or liquid stevia to taste.
- ½ tbsp . chopped nuts * optional
- Preheat oven to 350° F, and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. In a large mixing bowl combine: 1 cup and two tbsp. almond flour, 1 egg, ¼ cup melted butter or coconut oil, 1 ½ tbsp. granular sweetener of choice. Mix thoroughly together to form dough.
- Spoon dough onto a large piece of parchment paper and put 2nd piece of parchment on top of dough, *see photo above. Press dough flat between the papers and roll with rolling pin or use hands to press and spread out dough. Making sure not to roll out dough too thin.
- Once dough is spread out, pull top parchment paper off, and place bottom paper with dough onto baking sheet. Use a knife or pizza cutter to cut pie crust into shapes (square, or triangle shapes work well), see photo*.
- In a small bowl combine: 1 ½ tbsp granular sweetener of choice, and ½ tsp cinnamon. Mix together thoroughly. Sprinkle cinnamon and sweetener mixture over the top of the pie crust chips. Bake for 12 minutes or until chips start browning at edges. Remove from oven and cool.
- In a medium bowl combine all the pumpkin pie dip ingredients. Mix together or whisk together thoroughly. Set aside.
- In a small sauce pan over medium heat combine all the caramel sauce ingredients except for the vanilla extract (it is added later). Melt and combine ingredients in sauce pan. Once all is combined and melted, bring to a boil on medium for 2 minutes and the then remove from heat. Let sauce cool for a couple minutes and then add the vanilla extract and mix it in. Let sauce cool and thicken for a few minutes.
- Place pumpkin dip in a serving bowl on a large platter. Drizzle pumpkin dip with caramel sauce. Top with whipped cream or coconut cream. Place cinnamon pie crust chips on the platter surrounding the dip. Serve and enjoy dipping.
*As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Recipes You May Also Enjoy:
As Seen in Allergy Free Wednesdays: http://wholenewmom.com/recipes/allergy-free-wednesdays-guidelines/