I made some paleo tortillas that are soft and somewhat bendable, but can be made more crisp as well. I made these to have with a taco , toastada, or sandwich wrap.The best part is that it contains no cauliflower that makes the house stinky, and the kids whiny. I do love cauliflower though. My hubby hates it ,so I needed to come up with something he would eat. I mixed ground up zucchini, minced garlic in a processor. Then put in fine woven towel or cheese cloth and squeezed out excess water. Mixed in chipotle pepper powder and egg. Mixed in flax meal and coconut flour.
Spread out on parchment paper in circles.
Then baked and flipped over to bake other side. Then I made breakfast toastadas right after. I posted a link for that recipe at bottom of page.
Paleo Zucchini Tortillas
- 1 ounce medium or 2 small Zucchini 6 -7 size ( makes 1 ½ cups grated)
- 2 Cloves to 3 Garlic minced.
- ½ Tsp Chipotle pepper powder . or chili powder
- Dash Himalayan sea salt * optional.
- 1 egg beaten.
- 1 Tsp Flax Meal * optional.
- 1 Tbsp Coconut Flour
- Preheat oven to 400 F, and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Put Zucchini and garlic cloves in food processor or blender, and process till chopped into fine pieces ( or could grate zucchini with grater).
- Place zucchini garlic mixture into a cheese cloth ( fine weave towel) or layered paper towel, and squeeze out as much water into sink as you can.
- Transfer mixture to a mixing bowl, and mix in all remaining ingredients.
- Mix until a little thicker ( it won' be like dough , more like a batter ).
- Spoon batter onto parchment paper, using back of spoon to spread into a circle.
- Don't make too thin, you shouldn't see any paper.
- Slide back of spoon around outer rim of tortilla to make even edges.
- Bake in oven for 10 to 12 minutes, then take out and put another sheet of parchment paper on top and flip both pieces of parchment paper over back on baking sheet, then slowly peel off parchment paper on top.
- Bake again for 8 to 12 minutes till slightly browned.
- Can also, at this point, fry lightly in oiled pan, on each side ,to make more crisp.
*As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Yield:2, Serving size: 1, Calories: 79.5, Fat: 4.3 g, Carbohydrates: 6 g / Net Carbs: 3.3 g, Sugar: 1.8 g, Fiber: 2.5 g, Protein: 4.7 g
*All nutritional data are estimates based on the products I used*