Vanilla Cinnamon French Toast Casserole is a lightly sweet, vanilla, maple, cinnamon French toast batter that is poured over grain-free, paleo, low carb bread cubes.
This is topped with a little melted butter or coconut oil and sprinkled with a little coconut sugar or low-carb sweetener.
I served this vanilla cinnamon french toast casserole with a little maple syrup and garnished it with a few berries. My whole family absolutely loved having this for breakfast.
The paleo and low-carb versions are both delicious. If you happen to already have your favorite paleo or low-carb bread available, then you could also use that for the bread cubes.
I did also include an easy, grain-free, quick bread recipe for you to use as well.
Those are not my hands in the pictures, they are cute elfin hands of my daughter. She does have very cute and tiny hands for a 25-year-old.
She did not enjoy doing this though and complained quite a bit. I guess hand modeling is not in her future.
I would have used my son’s hands, but he had icky stuff under his nails that would not come off, possibly a permanent marker.
Another low-carb breakfast or brunch recipe that is easy to prepare and great for the holidays is Bacon Spinach Tomato Ricotta Frittata.
RECIPE AND DIRECTIONS BELOW:
📖 Printable Recipe Card
Vanilla Cinnamon French Toast Casserole and paleo quick bread
- LOW CARB QUICK BREAD
- 2 tablespoon butter melted or coconut oil
- 2 ½ tablespoon coconut flour sifted, where to but coconut flour
- 2 ½ tablespoon golden flax meal
- 3 ½ tablespoon . unsweetened almond milk or coconut milk
- 4 eggs beaten
- ½ teaspoon baking soda + 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar or use 1 ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- CINNAMON FRENCH TOAST BATTER
- 5 eggs beaten
- ⅓ cup unsweetened almond milk or coconut milk
- tablespoon Sweetener of choice: 2 pure maple syrup for paleo or for low carb use 2 tablespoon low carb maple syrup,( I used Natures Hollow) or 1 ½ tbsp. erythritol granular.
- 1 teaspoon GF vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon allspice
- 2 teaspoon butter or coconut oil melted
- 2 teaspoon coconut sugar or for low carb 2 teaspoon erythritol
- Preheat oven to 400 F, and grease or oil an 8 x 4 inch loaf pan. In a large mixing bowl, Combine all the quick bread ingredients and stir with a fork vigorously. Scraping the sides and breaking up any coconut flour clumps. Stir until smooth and clump free.
- Pour or spoon batter into prepared loaf pan. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or more, until center is firm. Remove and let cool completely.
- In a medium mixing bowl combine: 5 eggs, ⅓ cup unsweetened almond milk or coconut milk, 2 tablespoon sweetener of choice,1 teaspoon GF vanilla extract, ½ teaspoon cinnamon,¼ teaspoon allspice. Whisk together thoroughly. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400 F, and oil or grease a 9 inch (1 ½ to 2 quart) casserole dish. Chop quick bread into cubes. Put bread cubes into the prepared casserole dish. Pour vanilla cinnamon French toast batter all over the top of bread cubes.
- Pour the 2 teaspoon melted butter or coconut oil over top of casserole, then sprinkle with granular sweetener of choice. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until all egg batter is firm.
- Remove from oven, and cool a little. Serve with syrup of choice and optional berries.
*As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Recipes you may also enjoy:
To find other delicious Low-Carb, Gluten-Free recipes, visit with us on Facebook!
Please support the team by buying: Gluten Free Low Carb Recipe Cook Books.