Easy Chocolate Chunk Nut Butter Cookies
Easy, tasty, grain free with a low carb version and also has a nut free version.
Easy Chocolate Chunk Nut Butter Cookies are grain free, with paleo, low carb and nut free options. I have been craving these cookies, ever since I stopped eating gluten and higher carb foods. I finally made some that were almost as good as I remember them being.
These are somewhat crisp on the outside and soft on the inside. But, the best part is the chocolate chunks! I made these with almond butter, sunflower seed butter (the nut free kind), and even a batch with peanut butter for the hubby. I have been enjoying the yumminess with my morning coffee.
I have always preferred to have sweets in the morning instead of the evening, that is unless I can have them at both times. If they are low enough in carbs and high in protein like these tasty morsels, then why not?
Scroll to Bottom of Post for Recipe and Directions
- ⅔ cup nut butter of choice: almond butter sun butter, or peanut butter (try to use unsweetened or lower carb brands)
- ⅔ cup sweetener of choice: erythritol for low carb or coconut sugar for paleo
- 1 large egg
- ⅓ cup butter or coconut oil melted
- 5 tbsp coconut flour like this one
- ⅓ cup dark chocolate chips or chunks: I used this brand chips for paleo & for low carb I used these sugar free chips (or can chop up a low carb chocolate bar), or make your own homemade sugar free low carb chocolate chips.
- Preheat oven to 350 F, and line or grease a baking sheet. in a large mixing bowl combine the first 5 ingredients. mix together thoroughly. Add the chocolate chips or chunks and stir into the dough.
- Put mixing bowl with dough in the freezer for 10 minutes (this helps the dough mold better and not spread while baking).
- Remove from freezer and spoon rounded tbsps onto the cookies sheet. I rolled mine into balls and then pressed down to flatten a bit with a fork.
- Bake for 15 minutes to 20, or until browned. Remove from oven and cool completely, as they will be too soft to remove until cooled. These are even better the next day after being in the fridge overnight, as the flavors will intensify.
Nutritional Data for Paleo Version (using coconut sugar sweetener and Enjoy Life chocolate chip chunks): Servings: 1 cookie out of 15, Cal: 175, Carbs: 16 g / Net Carbs: 13 g, Fiber: 3 g, Fat: 11 g, Protein: 3 g, Sugars: 12 g, Sodium: 38 g, Cholesterol: 25 mg.
*all nutritional data are estimates based on the products I used*