Cheesy Prosciutto Stuffed Chicken with spinach and Italian seasonings is grain-free, keto, and low carb.
Italian cheesy prosciutto stuffed chicken is a grain free, low carb chicken entree that seems fancy, but is actually very easy to make.
This is so much easier than the chicken dish I used to make that is rolled in breadcrumbs.
Chicken breasts are pounded thin, and then stuffed with spinach, prosciutto, and mozzarella cheese and rolled. Then they are coated with seasoned mayonnaise and Parmesan.
Now don’t get squeamish about the mayo. It cooks into the chicken and makes it nice and juicy. So, it is not one of those swimming in mayo types of dishes.
If you have mayo phobia like my husband, then the previous disclaimer was for you. But if you're like me, then you are probably thinking “what is she talking about, mayo is delicious”.
My husband gets really freaked out by larger quantities of mayo. Do you know someone like that, or are you like that?
Please leave a comment and share your feelings or stories about mayonnaise.
Scroll to the bottom of post for printable recipe and directions
Another tasty low carb Italian dish we love is Keto Instant Pot Italian Stuffed Peppers.
Italian Cheesy Prosciutto Stuffed Chicken Printable Recipe Card Below:
Italian Cheesy Prosciutto Stuffed Chicken
- 1.5 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts pounded thin
- 6 slices prosciutto
- 4 in mozzarella string cheese sticks cut half
- ⅓ cup fresh spinach
- 1 ½ tablespoon mayonnaise organic or homemade mayo
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon Italian seasonings
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 ½ teaspoon parmesan
- Preheat oven to 350 F, and line or oil a baking sheet.
- Place chicken breast halves between two pieces plastic wrap or parchment paper and pound thin with a kitchen meat pounder or mallet.
- Once chicken is thin, peel off top plastic wrap or parchment paper, and place a slice of prosciutto on top.
- Then place a little spinach on top, and then a string cheese. Roll each half chicken breast around the filling while tucking in the sides.
- Place each chicken roll on the baking sheet. If chicken won’t stay rolled then use a wooden toothpick to keep together.
- In a small mixing bowl combine: mayonnaise, garlic powder, sea salt, italian seasonings, and black pepper. Mix together.
- Use a pastry brush or butter knife to spread the mayonnaise mixture over the top and sides of the chicken rolls.
- Sprinkle the top with parmesan cheese. Bake for 30 minutes, or until chicken is done. Serve.
*As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutritional Data: Serving size: 1 serving out of 5, Calories: 137, Fat: 7 g, Saturated fat: 2 g,Unsaturated fat: 3 g, Trans fat: 0 g, Carbohydrates: 1 g / Net Carbs: 1 g, Sugar: 0 g, Sodium: 859 mg, Fiber: 0 g, Protein: 19 g, Cholesterol: 44 mg
*all nutritional data are estimates based on the products I used*
Recipes You May also Enjoy: