Paleo Italian Meatball Soup (Crock Pot)
Paleo Italian Meatball Soup (crock pot) is healthy comfort food on a cold day. I would actually eat this even on a hot day. This can be made in the crock pot, or in a stock pot on the stove top.
Awe, this soup reminds me of minestrone soup, just without the noodles and beans. You won’t miss them, because the meatballs and pancetta add so much flavor to this soup. It is grain free, paleo, and low carb. If you can eat dairy then feel free to garnish with Parmesan cheese. If you don’t have pancetta on hand, then you can always use chopped bacon.
- Meatball Ingredients:
- 1 lb ground Italian sausage or ground beef.
- 1 tbsp coconut flour where to buy coconut flour.
- 1 tbsp golden flax meal where to buy golden flax meal
- ¼ cup organic tomato sauce or home made . tomatoes should be the only ingredients
- 1 /2 tbsp organic Italian seasonings where to buy this
- ½ tsp garlic powder.
- ½ tsp sea salt.
- Soup Ingredients:
- 4 cups organic GF chicken broth or homemade chicken broth.
- 1 14 ounce jar of organic diced tomatoes.
- ¼ cup pancetta or 5 slices chopped uncooked bacon ( check ingredients for nitrate free and no sugar)
- 2 cloves garlic minced.
- 1 medium zucchini chopped.
- 1 medium yellow squash chopped.
- 1 medium carrot chopped or shredded * optional.
- ½ medium onion minced *optional.
- 2 tsp organic Italian seasonings.
- 1 tsp garlic powder.
- 1 tsp sea salt.
- In a large mixing bowl combine all the meatball ingredients and knead with your hands.
- Form meatballs with meat mixture by rolling a tbsp between hands. Once meat balls are formed, place meat balls in an oiled or greased skillet on medium high heat. Brown the meatballs until all side are browned (does not need to be cooked completely).
- Turn crock pot on high and place pancetta, or bacon on the bottom of crock pot. Add minced garlic to the crock pot (can also use a stock pot on the stove top).
- Place browned meatballs on top of pancetta and garlic.
- Add chicken broth, entire can of diced tomatoes, chopped zucchini, chopped yellow squash, chopped carrots, minced onion, Italian seasonings, garlic powder, and sea salt.
- Cover and cook on high for 5 hours or on low for 8 hours. I usually put the crock pot on high for 4 hours then turn it down to low for 2 hours (if using a stock pot then bring to a boil, turn down heat to low & cover and simmer for 30 minutes).
- Serve garnish with Parmesan if you can have dairy.
Nutrition Facts: Yield: 6, Serving size: 1 Cup, Calories: 289 Fat: 18 g Carbohydrates: 10 g / Net Carbs: 7.9 g Sugar: 5 g Fiber: 2.1 g Protein: 17 g
*All nutritional data are estimates based on the products I used*
Recipes You May Also Enjoy: