Pumpkin Pie Snowball Cookies
Pumpkin Pie Snowball Cookies are snowball cookies with pumpkin pie flavor. I converted my mother’s Russian tea cake recipe into a grain free, paleo and low carb snowball cookie with pumpkin pie favor. I am really excited about the results as they tasted even better than I dreamed they would.
Baked pumpkin pie cookies with a sweet cinnamon coating. Not as crumbly as a tea cake but not as soft as a pumpkin pie. My family loved the texture and taste. These were easy to make, bake and roll in the coating. If you like Russian tea cakes or Mexican wedding cakes, then you will love these pumpkin pie snowball cookies.
- 1 ¼ cup almond flour, where to buy almond flour
- 1 tbsp coconut flour
- ⅓ cup sweetener of choice: coconut sugar for paleo, or for low carb use erythritol granular
- ½ tbsp pumpkin pie spice
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- 3 tbsp butter, melted or coconut oil, melted
- 1 egg yolk, beaten
- 3 tbsp pumpkin puree, make sure pumpkin is the only ingredient
- 2 tbsp crushed walnut pieces *optional
- Coating for After Baking
- 2 ½ tbsp. powdered sweetener of choice: grind up coconut sugar in blender or processor, or for low carb use confectioners erythritol or grind up granular erythritol.
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 300 F°, and line or grease a cookie sheet. In a large mixing bowl combine: 1 ¼ cup almond flour, 1 tbsp coconut flour, ⅓ cup sweetener of choice, ½ tbsp. pumpkin pie spice, and ¼ tsp cinnamon. Mix together thoroughly.
- Add to mixture: 3 tbsp melted butter or coconut oil, 1 egg yolk, and 3 tbsp pumpkin puree. Mix together thoroughly. Add in optional walnut pieces and stir in.
- In a blender or processor, grind up the 2 ½ tbsp sweetener of choice until it is powdered (unless using a low carb brand of confectioner’s sweetener). Put the powdered sweetener of choice into a small to medium size bowl and mix in the ½ tsp cinnamon. Set aside.
- Using hands or oiled or buttered hands to prevent sticking, roll a tbsp size of pumpkin dough into balls and place on cookie sheet in rows. Bake cookie pie balls in oven for 22 to 26 minutes. Check at 22 minutes to see if browning slightly. Remove from oven and cool slightly.
- While cookie pie balls are still warm, rolls lightly into the powdered sweetener and cinnamon mixture. Serve and enjoy. Store unused portions in container in the fridge.
Nutritional data for paleo version using coconut sugar : Servings: 1 ball out of 15 balls, Cal: 102, carbs: 14 g / Net Carbs: 7 g, Fiber: 7 g, Protein: 2 g, Fat: 7 g, Sodium: 18 mg, Sugar: 6 g