Quick Paleo English Muffins
A fast, grain free, low carb English muffin.
These are a low carb life saver in the morning. I am so happy with these Quick Paleo English Muffins, they make life, and my way of eating so much easier. They can be be made with different options for different diet restrictions. And each way I’ve tried them, they are still tasty. So versatile too. I can use them for English muffin with nut or seed butter, egg muffin sandwich, or even English muffin pizzas. They can be made in microwave or baked in the oven.
The pan toasting is very important to give the proper texture and taste. I have made them, then pan toasted them, and then froze them in the freezer. I let them cool after pan toasting, and I put a piece of parchment paper between each half, then placed them in a zippered freezer bag, and put them into the freezer. Take out night before needed, and defrost in fridge. Or you can take out of freezer when needed and defrost in microwave for a few seconds, mine took 25 seconds. Then pan toast again, or put in toaster oven (not a toaster) for a few seconds. If you are baking these in the oven (not the microwave) and going to quadruple the recipe and make a larger batch to freeze, like many viewers do, then I recommend using these English Muffin Baking Rings on an oiled baking sheet. Click photo below for where to buy English muffin baking rings.
RECIPE AND DIRECTIONS BELOW:
|Quick Paleo English Muffins|| || |
- 1 Egg, beaten
- 1 Tbsp Milk of Choice: unsweetened Coconut Milk or Almond Milk, or organic half and half.
- 1 Tbsp Coconut Flour, where to buy coconut flour
- ½ Tbsp Melted grass Fed Butter or Coconut Oil, melted
- ⅛ Tsp Baking Soda mixed with ¼ Tsp Apple Cider Vinegar in separate pinch bowl ( this replaces baking powder), or can use ½ tsp baking powder
- ⅛ Tsp GF Vanilla Extract * optional, I omit if I'm making something savory like an egg sandwich.
- ¼ Tsp Honey or ( 6 drops liquid Stevia for low carb) * Optional, can omit sweetener, but use full fat canned coconut milk for milk of choice.
- 1 Pinch Sea Salt * optional
- Melt the butter or oil in a round, glass or ceramic ramekin ( I used a 3½ inch, 6 ounce ramekin).
- In a separate pinch bowl, mix baking soda and apple cider vinegar together ( it will be very fizzy and bubbly) Set aside.
- Add all the rest of ingredients to the ramekin, and whisk or stir with a fork very briskly.
- Add the baking Soda- cider vinegar mixture to the ramekin, and stir in well.
- Stir, scraping sides , until clump free, may have to stab at some stubborn clumps.
- Cook in Microwave for 1 minute and 30 Seconds, or can Bake in the oven at 400 F for 12 to 15 minutes, until middle is firm.
- Take a knife between the bowl and muffin and slide around to loosen edges.
- Cool enough to handle, then remove from bowl, and cut in half sideways.
- Toast in a buttered or oiled frying pan, until lightly browned on each side ( like a pancake) this is an important step, do not skip.
- Use a spatula to press the tops of muffins lightly down while pan toasting ( as seen in photo above).
Update: Fellow, low carb foodie, blogger,and friend, DJFoodie has created an extra special, low carb treat with these called: OMM French Toast. Would make a wonderful breakfast on a lazy Sunday. Check out his fun recipe & awesome blog at: French Toast