Raw Chocolate Orange Truffle Bites
No Bake, flourless, raw chocolate orange truffle bites are simple to make treats.
Raw Chocolate Orange Truffle Bites are an easy, no bake, no flour, nut free, dairy free, vegetarian paleo treat. Can also be made vegan if you use the maple syrup sweetener option. A combination of a coconut macaroon and a chocolate orange truffle. Can also be made lower in carbs depending on which sweetener you use. These chocolaty little guys are so easy to make and require no baking at all. The orange flavor is always a great addition to chocolate.
If you have not tried a citrus flavored chocolate before, then you are in for a treat. These are great to have in your freezer for chocolate emergencies or a late afternoon snack. This one is also egg free, which does not happen very often in grain free treats. The finer you grind up the coconut flakes the smoother the truffle will be. Although the coconut gives them a little bit of crunch and texture.
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes where to buy coconut flakes
- 1/3 cup cocoa or cacao powder where to buy cacao
- tbsp Sweetener of choice: 2 ½ honey or for vegan use 3 tbsp maple syrup , or for low carb option use 3 tbsp low carb maple syrup + ¼ tsp liquid stevia, or can use just liquid stevia to taste where to buy low carb maple syrup
- 2 tsp orange zest I used a microplane zester where to buy a microplane, finely grated orange peel
- 1 tsp organic GF orange extract where to buy it
- 3 tbsp coconut oil melted, where to buy coconut oil
- Line a baking with parchment paper.
- In a food processor or blender add coconut flakes and pulse until finely ground.
- Add the cocoa or cacao powder to the processor and pulse until mixed.
- Add all remaining ingredients to the processor and pulse until mixed.
- Remove blade, scrape side of processor bowl with spoon and mix thoroughly.
- Spoon small mounds of the mixture onto the lined baking tray and use hands or spoon to round and smooth into balls.
- Place baking tray in the freezer for 12 to 15 minutes or until balls have solidified.
- Serve and enjoy. Unused portions should be stored in the freezer in covered container.
Nutritional Data for Paleo Version with honey: Servings: 10, Serving size: 1 truffle, Cal: 99, Carbs: 7 g / Net Carbs: 5.4 g, Fiber; 1.6 g, Fat: 8 g, Protein: 1g, Sugar: 5 g
*all nutritional data are estimates based on the products I used*