Chili Lime Cream Grilled Chicken
Chili Lime Cream Grilled Chicken is a most flavorful low carb, paleo grilled chicken dish.
Chili Lime Cream Grilled Chicken is a super tasty way to add wonderful flavor to grilled chicken thighs.
Skinless chicken thighs are marinated in spices and lime juice and then grilled, and topped with an easy to make chili lime cilantro (or can use parsley, if you can't eat cilantro) cream sauce.
The cream sauce can be made spicy or very mild depending on which chilies are used.
I love mine spicy, but made a mild version for the hubby, who does not appreciate spicy food at all.
Chili Lime Cream Chicken Recipe
- 2 lbs skinless chicken thighs (about 8 pieces)
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 ½ tbsp olive oil, or avocado oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 ½ tsp paprika
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp sweetener of choice: coconut sugar for paleo, or erythritol for low carb
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
Cream Sauce Ingredients:
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 ½ cups cilantro, or flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tbsp sour cream, or can use coconut cream for paleo
- 1 tbsp seeded minced jalapeno peppers, or mild green chili peppers *can use mild canned green peppers for
- Add all the marinade ingredients to a large zipper top bag and mix.
- Add chicken to the bag, seal the top and shake chicken in the bag, then roll and turn chicken in the bag until thoroughly coated in the marinade. Let stand for 20 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Preheat grill, or grilling pan to medium heat.
- Brush grill with a little oil to prevent sticking.
- Remove chicken from the bag and throw away the marinade bag. Sprinkle chicken with ¼ tsp sea salt and ¼ tsp black pepper.
- Add chicken to the grill and grill for 8 minutes or more per side until done.
- In a small food processor or blender combine all the cream sauce ingredients and blend until creamy.
- Drizzle cream sauce over grilled chicken thighs. Serve.
Nutritional Data for Low Carb Version: Yield: 8 thighs, Servings: 4, Serving Size: 2 chicken thighs, Cal: 379, Carbs: 5 g, Net Carbs: 3 g, Fiber: 2 g, Fat: 19 g, Protein: 42 g, Sugars: 2 g.
*all nutritional data are estimates based on the products I used*