Easy Cajun Seasoning Mix is a quick and simple to make, healthy, keto, low carb, paleo & whole30 spice mix.
This Cajun spice mix is excellent on seafood or chicken and perfect for those sheet pan meals that are so quick and easy to prepare, like this one.
Best of all, this spice mix has no questionable added ingredients, sugars, or preservatives. It simply contains natural organic spices.
You can store it in a clean empty spice jar with a lid or a small mason jar with a lid.
I used an empty garlic powder spice jar that I cleaned out and made a stick-on label using a label maker. But you can also use a blank sticker or label to write “Cajun Spice Mix” on with a pen or marker.
A small funnel that I already owned made pouring the spice mix into the jar made this simple, but you could also use a small spoon to pour in a little at a time.
Ingredients for shopping
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1 ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1 ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper *adjust to a lower amount for less heat.
See the recipe card for nutritional details.
Combine all spices into a large bowl and mix thoroughly until clump-free.
Use a small funnel or spoon to pour spice mix into an empty jar with a lid. I used an empty glass spice jar that I cleaned out.
Place lid on the jar, add a stick-on label or write-on label, and store in a spice cabinet or pantry. I used my label maker to make a spice label.
Hint: A small funnel makes pouring the spice mix into the jar very simple, but you could also use a small spoon to pour in a little at a time gently.
Yes, you can always adjust the amount of cayenne pepper in the recipe to a smaller amount or omit it.
I used smoked paprika, but you can also use sweet paprika it depends on which you like better or have on hand.
📖 Printable Recipe Card
Easy Cajun Seasoning Mix
- 2 tablespoons Paprika
- 2 teaspoons Garlic Powder
- 2 teaspoons Salt
- 1 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1 ½ teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1 teaspoon Dried Oregano Leaves
- 1 ½ teaspoon Dried Thyme
- ½ teaspoon Cayenne Pepper, *adjust to lower amount for less heat.
- Add all ingredients to a bowl and mix until clump-free.
- Use a small funnel or spoon to pour spice mix into an empty jar with a lid. I used an empty glass spice jar that I cleaned out.
- Place lid on the jar, add a stick-on label or write-on label, and store in a spice cabinet or pantry.
*As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Small funnel *optional; can use a small spoon
Spice jar * optional; can use an empty spice jar or mason jar
Label maker * optional; can use write-on sticker or label
Store spice mix in a dry room temperature cabinet or pantry for up to 6 months, depending on the expiration date of spaces used in the mix.
Recipes you may also enjoy
Cajun Chicken Pasta Zoodles, from Gimme Delicious
Leave a comment, share a tip, or ask a question.